assignment role for activities

Lyonel

Hi, I am looking at setting up a new assignment role to overcome a "problem" that we have in our organisation. Basically, we have teams (so far so good) amongst which some individuals have a particular skill set that allows them to perform certain specific tasks. The "problem" we have is when a request comes in and we need these people to help out, we want to be able to assign an activity to this group of people. But they belong to multiple teams... 

So I tried to create a new assignment role and added 2 members (for testing purposes). I then created an activity and it worked beautifully. Only key problem: users are not able to select "Role" in the drop down when assigning an activity. They only get "User" and "Group".

role activity.png

Note that I am the super admin. Am I missing something? Is there a particular setting I missed? Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

@Daniel Dekel, the allow our analysts to assign activities / tasks to "Roles", I have to give them the system right "Accounts: manage roles". But this is little bit too strong to my liking as they will also be able to create assignment roles themselves! Is there another way you can think of? Something where analysts can still assign activities to assignment roles BUT not have access to the admin side of things? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Lyonel,

Sorry for the delay, I was away for some time. At the moment this is the only right we have to be able to use the roles, but I'll have a chat about this with out platform developers because you are right, there should be a role called View Roles without the need to manage them.

I'll let you know about the progress,

Daniel.