Logging a call refresh issues?

chriscorcoran

Hi

Over the last week, prior to the latest update of service manger has somthing been done which may prevent the screen refreshing once a call is logged? I ask but when an analysts logs a call the get the option to view the call which normally takes them to the call with the option to assign to a team\analyst? Now it just takes them to the call and the post an update option. Pressing F5 to refresh the page takes them to the assign to option, so the business process is correct. I tested on IE and Chrome and same issue. So upgraded this morning to latest release of Service Manager but still the same, any ideas? I have not made any changes to the business process in weeks.

Thanks

Chris

There's an application setting 'experimental.bpm.spawnAsync' which is currently turned on that now makes logging a request much faster. Previously, it would wait for the BPM to get to a point where it either finishes or pauses and then let you view the request. Now we let you view the request before this has finished.

If you want, you can turn this setting off again and it will overcome this issue, although requests will take a bit longer to log, depending on your business process.

Yes, this is a new feature being developed. 

In regards to the request details not updating until after a page refresh, the application will soon be listening for BPM updates (not just timeline updates) and will refresh automatically, which will hopefully mean the bpm async setting can be turned back on.

• 8 months later...