retiring an analyst account and renaming it?

Gary@ADL

Hi Guys - I was wandering if anyone can advise me the best procedure for dealing with a leaver.

we've recently had an IT analyst leave, and I want to re-assign his full paid account to another member of staff, whats the best way to do this? can I retire his account and setup a new one? or can I rename the existing account to suit? what happens to the calls previously logged against this user?

thanks

Gary

Gary,

At a very high level, the bast way is to archive the existing user then create a new user as you suggest. All information from the archived user will remain in the system so you get to keep the knowledge even though the person is not at your organisation any more.  Remember to assign requests/change document ownership etc for his account before archiving it, that makes things easier.  Once the user account is archived you are free to create another account without running into subscription restrictions

Gerry

• Like 1

Hi Gerry,

we have done this and it all seemed to go ok, we then thought it best to test the permissions we were granting to this user, so we knocked him back to a normal basic user, and promoted another test user, however we are now getting the below error,

we've checked our list of users and we seem to have a correct number of licences for the users we have, I'd rather not post the list, but can pm it if required to the hornbill team?

thanks

hornbill.JPG

Hi,

If you go into the Admin tool, navigate to Home -> Service Manager -> Application Subscriptions and in there remove the user you have demoted to a Basic user should then be able to allocate the new user to that application

Gerry