Grouping Processes within BPM's

samwoo

Grouping Process in the BPM Screen  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of my idea?

• Good idea
    • Not a good idea

Hello,

I have a New Starter process which contains parallel process that creates tasks based on the user's choices on the Self Service Portal. This can create a huge number of tasks which is exactly what we want. It's working perfectly for the Analysts... but if we were to go into the BPM, to the relevant Stage where this parallel process sits it really slows down dramatically that it can take a while to navigate / do stuff.

I'm on IE11, and i've tried this on Chrome too.

This is what it looks like:
NewStarterBPM.png

Everything above the the red line will constantly have additions to it over time and its getting harder to navigate with it being slow.

My idea is to be able to have a sub group which will replace everything related on the screen above to a single icon... then when you click on the plus button on the icon, a new window opens with all the process inside it (with an input and output line). This can be edited as necessary and when the sub-group is saved it goes back to the main BPM window as seen below.
NewStarterBPM_Replacement.png

If this is not feasible... I am not sure how I can speed up the BPM screen. All the tasks must be created at this point so this process cannot be changed in any way.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

Can you DL your process and attach it if that is ok? That will help me check for any bottlenecks when re-rendering connects etc and it will also be a good example to use for testing a grouping UI mechanism. Either attach it here or email to me neil.wheeler-jones@hornbill.com

There was a change i did last week (don't think it live yet) that re-works "when" re-rendering take place so the may improve the situation in the meantime - i can check once i have your process as a test case.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just wanted to say that the Grouping of Nodes in the BPM has been a godsend! It has really made it easier to view the nodes I need to see (and has sped up the Progressive Capture when the groups are closed).

I'm sure this is still being worked on so I wanted to add an idea.

I was finding it difficult to explain in writing this so I hope the pictures help:
PCGroups.png

When you expand the group all the nodes stem of from that single entry point.

The same would happen when the nodes head outside of the group.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Samuel

8 hours ago, NeilWJ said:

Hi Samuel,

I have implemented this but it missed the live release for this week. So expect to see in early next week.

Cheers

bpm-group-col.PNG

bpm-group-exp.PNG

Amazing, looking good :) Thanks for the update.

Samuel