trying to auto-assign calls to a team based on service

Gary@ADL

Hi Guys - can anyone help, im struggling to use workflow to auto-assign requests to a team based on the service the request is logged under in the portal.

im trying to branch based on what service is selected (CAD Services), am I using the right branching criteria? as the options ive got don't exactly match the database colun names, but ive tried a few iterations, ive also tried to route it based on catalogue, but not getting anywhere with that either, 

or am I missing something else?

cheers

Gary

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture3.JPG

@Gary@ADL

Gary we branch in our BPM based on Service and I have tended to use the Service name, in the example below I branch where the Service Name begins with hosted, to select all my hosted services rather than an individual one in your case.

branch_Service.JPG

In terms of the assign we use the Entity Assign option rather than the Application one.

entity_assign.JPG

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Martyn

Ive tried this and im still not getting the result im looking for? both my service, and my catalogue item start with CAD (service - CAD services, catalogue items - CAD request, CAD fault) so im fairly certain this is correct.

ive also changed the assign box as per Martyns comments, this seemed correct as well, as it let me select the team (engineering), rather than typing in manually,

im a bit stumped really, especially after looking at Martyns example and setting mine up the same,

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Capture3.JPG

no it doesn't mark it as assigned, the timeline line stays green, so I don't think its 'erroring' as such, just not liking branch expression I don't think?

attached is the 'get request details' node I have in before the branch, perhaps this isn't getting the correct details?

Capture.JPG

@Victor @Martyn Houghton

many thanks for your help with this guys - ive now got it working! :)

I had set the default process flow for the service correctly, but I had forgot to set the flow for each catalogue item - so when I was logging a call using my catalogue item it wasn't using my new one that I'd set as the default one for the service, it was of course using the one defined for that catalogue item - which I'd missed setting this time around! :|