email notifications when a call is assigned to a specified team

Gary@ADL

Hi Guys, can anyone help, or let me know if this is possible?

id like to setup hornbill so when a call is assigned into a certain team, and email is sent to a pre-determined email address.

I can see there is an email template already that exists for this - TeamAssignmentNotification,

but im not sure how to turn this on, and also configure it so it is only applied to one team, rather than all teams?

thanks

Gary

• 7 months later...

@Victor @Gary@ADL I've been looking at this again as two of our teams could do with email notifications when a call is assigned to their team

Our other 3 teams wouldn't really need them but I suppose we could set up rules as Gary suggests

Does it sent an email to each member of the team or can we set it to send to a distribution group which would be our preferred method?

I saw another post that said that any out of office messages that came back from the team members would be added to the calls which isn't ideal

Also, sometimes a customer updates the call when it is just assigned to the team and not an individual and nobody gets a notification about that

I've seen instances where I've been asked a question about who has the call etc but because I've already reassigned it I don't see the update

Looking at the settings it looks as though it is possible to set team notifications for updates to calls but we would only want that when it isn't assigned to an individual

If it has been assigned to a team and then somebody accepts it and then the call is updated we would only want the analyst to be notified and not the whole team as we don't want to bombard the analysts with emails as they wont read them or may even set up a rule to delete all emails from service maanger

Hi @Everton1878

There is a challenge with emails and providing the right balance where emails are being informative rather than as you say, bombarding people can be tough.  At Hornbill we have take an approach of reducing internal email to a point where it is hardly used.  Everything is in Hornbill.  However, I understand that this move away from email is not always that straight forward.

Here are a few things in response to your questions.  I hope that they help.

The two settings that are mentioned earlier in this post will send email to each individual member of the team based on the email address of their profile.  So, this particular type of notification wouldn't work with a distribution group.

We have some work planned for additional notifications when a customer updates a request when there is no owner.  It is not currently scheduled but it is something we will look at over the next few months.  We have released a feature that allows you to create sub-statuses which automatically change when a customer updates a request either by the portals or by email.  

Provided that a request is assigned directly to an owner, the team would not be notified.  The Team notifications are for when a request has been assigned to a team without an owner.

To deal with the 'Out of Office' emails you can create a Email Routing rule to manage these.  The Email Routing rules are processed in order, so you will want to make sure that your rule for this is at the top.

This video does a quick overview of the Email Routing rules including a mention of the 'Out of Office' emails 

• 1 year later...
On 5/26/2017 at 11:29 PM, James Ainsworth said:

There is a challenge with emails and providing the right balance where emails are being informative rather than as you say, bombarding people can be tough.  At Hornbill we have take an approach of reducing internal email to a point where it is hardly used.  Everything is in Hornbill.  However, I understand that this move away from email is not always that straight forward.

Hi @James Ainsworth I wonder if there is any forward movement on the more analyst/team specific notification settings.

While those users in Service Manager all day can somewhat rely on in-app notifications. We are trying to bring on-board other teams who might only need to login once a week or less. For those, having a notification that there's work to be done is required. We're not able to on-board them until this exists. They will not, nor would we ask them, to login continuously just to monitor a queue that might pickup tickets weeks apart.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

@davidrb84 @Everton1878 @Gary@ADL  in the Service Manager update today, you will have a new option to Switch from global Service Manager notifications to allowing each Service Manager subscribed user (agent / manager) to set their own notification preferences from their profile.   This setting is applied across ALL teams and users, so worth considering the pro's and con's of allowing users to making their own choices, but the option is now available if required :) 

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Notification_Settings

This will allow each user to choose no notifications, email only, Hornbill only or both for the following:

image.png

If you enable this system setting, each user will see a new section in their profile > Settings > Notifications under their existing collaboration settings for Service Manager.

image.png

Steve