"Tasks Available" in the Request List

samwoo

Access to Tasks from the Request List  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Will this benefit your users?

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

A lot of our users have a lot of Tasks assigned to them or their teams and it's increasingly getting harder to manage it. Quite a few of the responses was to integrate something with the Request Views in order to help manage it along with the requests.

See the mock up below:
Mockup Tasks NOtification.png

1. Team Tasks available
    1. For the current logged in user a list of their assigned teams/resolver group will appear here
    2. A count of all Tasks assigned to these Teams appear next to it
    3. If a User clicks on one of these Teams in the list it opens it up in My Activities view with the lists filtered just for the teams
  2. Tasks assigned to you
    1. A count of all Tasks assigned to the user in particular will appear here.
    2. If a user clicks on this it opens up My Activities with the list filtered to just the tasks assigned to the user

The main area that our users use is the Request View and they almost never venture outside of it. This will be a huge benefit as there are a lot of outstanding tasks and it will help the users a great deal to do everything from the area they use the most.

I've seen users with 300+ notifications at the top right and they've never seen the My Activities view before (even though I have mentioned it) as they are always in the Request List area.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

Again thanks for the suggestions and the detailed thinking.

I can see the desire to remain on the request list view.  Do your users make use of the sliding panel on the right, which will expose their activities whilst still on the request list view?

This is an area we are enhancing and you may have noticed that it will now display (in collapsible sections), all the new activities relevant to you based on one's assigned to:

* You Directly

* To a role you have

* To the different teams you belong too

As well as showing the number of activities due today, later etc 

Activities.png

Does this go some way to addressing what you are looking for, so they don't need to navigate away from the request list?

Steve

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steven boardman said:

Hi @samwoo

Again thanks for the suggestions and the detailed thinking.

I can see the desire to remain on the request list view.  Do your users make use of the sliding panel on the right, which will expose their activities whilst still on the request list view?

This is an area we are enhancing and you may have noticed that it will now display (in collapsible sections), all the new activities relevant to you based on one's assigned to:

* You Directly

* To a role you have

* To the different teams you belong too

As well as showing the number of activities due today, later etc 

Activities.png

Does this go some way to addressing what you are looking for, so they don't need to navigate away from the request list?

Steve

Hi Steve,

It does actually yes but I am not seeing Activities grouped based on what team/roles it's assigned to or whether they are assigned to me... I only have "Someday" at the top.

Also when I go into the My Activities area I can see a switch which says "New Activities" turned off. When I click on it a message appears that it will reload the whole application... will this affect current users logged in to the system in any way?

Thanks,

Samuel

29 minutes ago, TrevorKillick said:

Hi Samuel

Each user will need to enable the New Activities view, so if you enable it for your self it will not effect anyone else.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Hi Trevor,

Thank you i have done this and can now see the new Activities view. Nice.

But I still cannot see the groupings as shown in @steven boardman's screenshot on right hand side...  I just have "Someday" at the top.

Thanks,

Samuel

Oh i've got it - i need to create it manually on the Boards. Is there going to be a way to share created Activities boards with teams/roles/users in the future?

EDIT

I've got an issue - when i create a new board it doesnt like it when i choose "Assign to", each time I update it keeps coming back blank as you can see below. The view works bring back Activities where the Status is assigned, but ignores whatever Team i choose as it doesnt seem to apply when I save it.

Activities issue.png

EDIT 2

Even if i add a new board to the list, i still dont see it on the side menu on the right when creating a test task that matches it's criteria

Hi @samwoo

I have partially replicated the issue you have reported.  

Below i created a list on a board and had two conditions

1. Status is Assigned

2. Assigned to is Group - IT Supplier and Contract Admin.

When i saved the list, the data correctly loaded and filtered on the above conditions (as you just about see in the background).  However if i click to edit the list, the Assigned to is group condition is not visible. 

I have raised this internally to get it addressed. 

Activitieslist.png

In regards to your other questions 

1. I am not aware of a short term story to allow the sharing of activity boards, but again it would be good to get other users feedback on if this would be useful and how they would use it?

2. The Boards and Lists which you are creating are specifically for the Full Activities view - not for the Activities sidebar. 

The Activities Sidebar is preset but it will show and split the activities out into

* New Activities Assigned to Me

* New Activities Assigned to Group one (where i am a member)

* New Activities Assigned to Group Two (where i am a member)

* New Activities Assigned to Role One (where the role has been assigned to me)

Then you will see

* Today (Combining activities due across your groups, roles and directly to you)

* Overdue (Combining activities due across your groups, roles and directly to you)

* Later (Combining activities due across your groups, roles and directly to you)

* Someday - (When a due date is not defined)

Once the issue on the boards list is fixed we'll post here

Steve

Hi @steven boardman,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

Regarding the sidebar - I do not get the following:

* New Activities Assigned to Me

* New Activities Assigned to Group one (where i am a member)

* New Activities Assigned to Group Two (where i am a member)

* New Activities Assigned to Role One (where the role has been assigned to me)

I only see the following

* Today (Combining activities due across your groups, roles and directly to you)

* Overdue (Combining activities due across your groups, roles and directly to you)

* Later (Combining activities due across your groups, roles and directly to you)

* Someday - (When a due date is not defined)

I've had a look in the settings but cannot find anything related to get the New Activities (highlight red above) to show up.

Also regarding the issue with the boards - thank you i look forward to the fix. I will wait for this before telling users about the My Activities area.

Thanks,

Samuel

EDIT

I have just done a test and set up some new Tasks (assigned to me, assigned to my team etc)... they are showing up under "Someday" but not as highlighted red above

Edited by samwoo

Hi,

If the intended functionality is to show the "New Activities Assigned to..." when a Human Task is created then please ignore my issue as it seems to be working when I created a test Human Task assigned to my team.

Thanks,

Samuel