Error when creating/update a Catalog

samwoo

Hello,

I haven't updated / added any new Services and/or Catalogs for a couple of weeks now... and just now I needed to create a test Service to test a PC and BPM.

No matter what I do, where I go to create a Service and/or Catalog, if i click Update after choose my Progressive Capture and BPM I get the following error message:
Update Catalog error.PNG

1. None of my BPM has any extra Parameters... 
  2. This is happening with anything I do to update/create a Service
  3. I notice there is something called translateUpdate in the error message... we've been having issues with User Attributes translation, could this be a part of the problem?

If i update one of the "Lync" text via Translation, it updates all 3 at the same time.
    If i reset the first Attribute to default (so the first "Lync" goes back to Attribute 1) all the "Lync" text will be changed to Attribute 1
    See the screenshot below.
    Attribute Issue.PNG

Please advise - I am unable to test a BPM that I have set up so I cannot roll it out to be used if successful.

Thanks,

Samuel

Just wanted to add that if I update a BPM that is currently used on a Service by our customers, it will still work fine... but it wont let me amend the Service to a new / updated version of the BPM as i get the error message above.

I probably should have raised this via the request form... but have no time as I have finished work :( 

On 20/09/2016 at 5:20 PM, alextumber said:

Hi Sam,

Looking at your instance I can see you are on version 2.30.4 of service manager. The latest version is 2.32.4. Before I suggest anything further, can you update your instance please to the latest version?

Thanks,

Alex

Hi Alex,

I have upgraded the Service Manager to the latest version as of yesterday.

Just did some more testing and the issue still occurs. But this time I've been able to do it properly, it only occurs when I attempt to update a Catalog against any Service.

1. I went into our Testing service and created a New Catalog. Assigned a PC and BPM but forget to Publish it but the Catalog was created no problem.
  2. I then went back into the Catalog to change it from Draft to Publish and it threw out the error.
  3. I then went to another Service and attempted to update a Catalog... i still get the error message.
  4. This doesn't occur when I create Catalogs though.

Please advise on this frustrating issue.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Sam,

An issue has been identified in our code that has just been fixed by our development team that requires an instance to have more than 1 supported language. This fix will be included in the next version of service manager. In the mean time, adding another supported language is a workaround to the problem.

Alex

• Like 1

On 23/09/2016 at 0:13 PM, alextumber said:

Hi Sam,

An issue has been identified in our code that has just been fixed by our development team that requires an instance to have more than 1 supported language. This fix will be included in the next version of service manager. In the mean time, adding another supported language is a workaround to the problem.

Alex

Thanks Alex, this has resolved the issue with the error message.

What do you think is causing the problem with the Translating of the Attributes (against a user) as shown in the second screenshot?

Cheers,

Samuel

• 4 months later...