Colleagues viewing calls on the Portal

samwoo

Hello,

I do apologise if this has already been asked (had not luck searching on the forums) - Has there been anything mentioned about Colleagues viewing each other's calls in the Self Service Portal? We've had quite a few customers calling up to check the status of their colleagues calls on the Portal but they cannot.

Does such functionality already exist?

If not this maybe be a possible solution:

1. Co-worker 1 goes to the Portal and clicks "Profile" at the top right
  2. Co-worker 1 scrolls to the area where they can add co-workers and clicks [+ Add Co-Worker] button
  3. Co-worker 1 types in the name of Co-worker 2 a dropdown list appears where they can choose the person
  4. An event is fired to Co-worker 2 asking to Approve or Reject Co-worker request in the Portal
  5. Co-worker 2 accepts the request for Co-worker 1 and in turn Co-worker 1 is added to Co-worker 2 Co-worker lis

• If the person is a Manager they will be able to add Co-workers to this list without any Approval required but the co-workers wont be able to see the Manager's request but they can see the Co-Worker's requests
  • If a manager adds a Co-worker, anyone in the list will be able to see each other's calls automatically
  • This adds a new tab to the Portal "Co-worker's Requests" which contains an "All Request View" just for the Co-workers with the relevant columns to show the Title, Requester, Service, Catalog, Date Raised etc

Many thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

Hi Samuel (@samwoo),

Thank you for your post.

I am assuming that as a Co-Worker in the Service Portal, you would like to view details of a Request that belongs to another Co-Worker, is that right? If so, you should be able to filter the requests list by 'All My Teams' option through the User App (i.e. https://live.hornbill.com/<Instance_Name>/requests/). The intention behind using the Customer Portal or the Service Portal is to only present information, requests and Services that belong to the logged in User otherwise you should be able to use the User App for all other types of information that you may share with another Team, Co-Worker or Service.

Thanks,

Ehsan

7 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

Hi Samuel (@samwoo),

Thank you for your post.

I am assuming that as a Co-Worker in the Service Portal, you would like to view details of a Request that belongs to another Co-Worker, is that right? If so, you should be able to filter the requests list by 'All My Teams' option through the User App (i.e. https://live.hornbill.com/<Instance_Name>/requests/). The intention behind using the Customer Portal or the Service Portal is to only present information, requests and Services that belong to the logged in User otherwise you should be able to use the User App for all other types of information that you may share with another Team, Co-Worker or Service.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi Ehsan,

Thanks for getting back in touch. The reason for raising this request was that our customers are used to seeing their fellow colleague's requests on the previous call logging system, in which they could go in and view the status of a call and update it if necessary. Not everyone had this access, but the managers within each area of the business certainly were able to view the calls raised by their staff.

No worries at all if this is not possible.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel ( @samwoo),

Thanks for getting back to me.

I just want to make sure that I have a clear understanding of your scenario before we move on.

By customers, are you referring to individuals that are external to your Organisation (i.e. do you provide a service or assistance to them)? If they are external to your Organisation, then they will be registered as Contacts and their point of access would be - (https://customer.hornbill.com/<Instance_name>/). Contacts of a Customer Portal can only see their own requests (i.e. requests whereby they are the Customer of the request) OR requests that are raised by other Contacts of their Organisation. Please refer to the attached screen-shot, which shows how you can achieve this.

If by customers, you are referring to individuals within your Organisation, then these individuals would be registered as Co-Workers. Their point of access would be the Service Portal through - (https://service.hornbill.com/<Instance_name>/). Co-Workers could also access the User App (as previously explained). They can only see requests whereby they are the Customer of the request.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Untitled.png

16 minutes ago, Ehsan said:

Hi Samuel ( @samwoo),

Thanks for getting back to me.

I just want to make sure that I have a clear understanding of your scenario before we move on.

By customers, are you referring to individuals that are external to your Organisation (i.e. do you provide a service or assistance to them)? If they are external to your Organisation, then they will be registered as Contacts and their point of access would be - (https://customer.hornbill.com/<Instance_name>/). Contacts of a Customer Portal can only see their own requests (i.e. requests whereby they are the Customer of the request) OR requests that are raised by other Contacts of their Organisation. Please refer to the attached screen-shot, which shows how you can achieve this.

If by customers, you are referring to individuals within your Organisation, then these individuals would be registered as Co-Workers. Their point of access would be the Service Portal through - (https://service.hornbill.com/<Instance_name>/). Co-Workers could also access the User App (as previously explained). They can only see requests whereby they are the Customer of the request.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Untitled.png

Hi Ehsan,

It would be more like the second option as we do not use the Customer Manager. I work for the IT Department and our customers are individuals of the business itself (Co-workers).

The screenshot has an option that is similar to what we had before, and as the third party system had other Organisations to manage some of us had access to view Organisations requests (mainly the managers), but because in this case we don't have the Customer Manager, I can see that this won't work.

If however this was possible and there was an option like the screenshot on the Self Service Portal in place of "My Organisation's Requests" it would be "My Team's Requests" which would allow everyone in a Team to view each other's calls. And the Department Manager would have the option to view "My Department's Requests".

It is extremely unlikely that the business (Co-worker's) will be allowed through the user app as the Service Portal is their point of access to logging and viewing calls. The user App is only used by the IT Department to manage and resolve calls raised by the business (Co-worker's) that are related to Applications / Infrastructure / Network / Desktop Support etc.

I'm probably asking for too much, but thought to try and ask anyway.

Cheers,

Samuel

42 minutes ago, samwoo said:

Hi Ehsan,

It would be more like the second option as we do not use the Customer Manager. I work for the IT Department and our customers are individuals of the business itself (Co-workers).

The screenshot has an option that is similar to what we had before, and as the third party system had other Organisations to manage some of us had access to view Organisations requests (mainly the managers), but because in this case we don't have the Customer Manager, I can see that this won't work.

If however this was possible and there was an option like the screenshot on the Self Service Portal in place of "My Organisation's Requests" it would be "My Team's Requests" which would allow everyone in a Team to view each other's calls. And the Department Manager would have the option to view "My Department's Requests".

It is extremely unlikely that the business (Co-worker's) will be allowed through the user app as the Service Portal is their point of access to logging and viewing calls. The user App is only used by the IT Department to manage and resolve calls raised by the business (Co-worker's) that are related to Applications / Infrastructure / Network / Desktop Support etc.

I'm probably asking for too much, but thought to try and ask anyway.

Cheers,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for clarifying!

In summary:

• As a Co-Worker, you would like the ability to view your Team's requests through the Service Portal (i.e. Alan, Anna and Steve form a Team called Finance. Alan would like to see requests that belong to Anna through the Service Portal).
  • As a Department Manager, you would like to see requests that belong to members of your Department. I would like to add that we currently do not have the concept of a Manager within the Portals.

I will discuss this internally to confirm if 1) You achieve this requirement without Customer Manager 2) There are any plans to implement this.

I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi Samuel

Just to let you know we have the development story to allow a manager to see their staff's requests via the service portal in our 90 day development window, so expect to see this come through in an update in the not to distant future. 

The ability for other users form the same departments to see their peers requests is not currently in the defined list, but i would certainly be interested to hear what others user's think of this idea, and if they think it would add value to their organisations as well.

Thanks

Steve

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ehsan said:

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for clarifying!

In summary:

• As a Co-Worker, you would like the ability to view your Team's requests through the Service Portal (i.e. Alan, Anna and Steve form a Team called Finance. Alan would like to see requests that belong to Anna through the Service Portal).
  • As a Department Manager, you would like to see requests that belong to members of your Department. I would like to add that we currently do not have the concept of a Manager within the Portals.

I will discuss this internally to confirm if 1) You achieve this requirement without Customer Manager 2) There are any plans to implement this.

I will get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi @Ehsan,

Precisely this :) thank you for chasing

16 hours ago, steven boardman said:

Hi Samuel

Just to let you know we have the development story to allow a manager to see their staff's requests via the service portal in our 90 day development window, so expect to see this come through in an update in the not to distant future. 

The ability for other users form the same departments to see their peers requests is not currently in the defined list, but i would certainly be interested to hear what others user's think of this idea, and if they think it would add value to their organisations as well.

Thanks

Steve

Hi @steven boardman

Brilliant this will definitely be great for our managers and as for the user's visibility - fingers crossed!

@Ehsan and @steven boardman,

Thank you both for responding. I look forward to any future responses and hope that other users may contribute to this discussion.

I just want to say that as long as it is controlled for example:

• When creating or updating a Organisation (type = Team / Department) you have the additional options to control the control what a Manager / Team Leader / Member (Co-worker) can do.
  • As well as having the option to add these to the user individually when adding them to the team /department overriding the whatever options are set by the Organisation so certain users may get more access than other users etc.

Cheers,

Samuel

• 1 month later...

This sort of request has just popped up from our customers - managers being able to see their staff's tickets.

The ability for other users from the same departments/team to see their peers requests is something I would like to see too.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This topic is getting a lot of love :wub:

I also like @Lyonel's idea of allow business owners to see all the requests under a service in addition to my request.

Now I wish I created a poll as that would give us real numbers.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1