Add contact to multiple sites

m.vandun

Hi Mark (@m.vandun),

Thank you for your post.

I believe I understand your requirement here. I have contacted our Hornbill team to get more information on this. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi Mark,

My understanding here is that, when managing a Contact record, you would like to associate more than one Organisation to a single Contact (i.e. in the screenshot below - in Contact form, you would like to select more than item through the Organisation field).

Is that right? If otherwise, could you please clarify with a screenshot if possible.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Capture.JPG

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @m.vandun,

Apologies for the late response.

I have contacted our team Hornbill and by design, you can only associate one Organisation to a Contact and there are currently no plans to support the concept of multiple Organisations. That's not to say that this would not change in the future. You can however associate a Colleague to more than one Organisation of type Team.

Thanks,

Ehsan

• 4 years later...

Hi @Ehsan - Can I ask if there has been any further discussion on this matter please?
We are promoting the Portal to our customers but are having difficulties persuading them to use it, where a contact from an External IT Section looks after 4 different organisations and for him to review their requests, needs 4 different login ID's/password.  Thanks.

@sprasad,

We have added structure to support this functionality but unfortunately the work has not progressed thus far due to the current strategic priorities within development and we are not likely to review this enhancement in the next 3 months. There is two parts to requirement, an enhancement required by the Collaboration application and an enhancement by the Service Manager application to incorporate the Requests access. This post will be updated when we have any new updates to share with you.