Field type of "Label"

samwoo

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to have a field type of "Label" with settings underneath to change the size of the font...

See the following screenshot, the focus of this call is shown where you see a horizontal line...
Label_Line.PNG

I wanted to be able to have a Heading type text halfway down the form but because the Label field is mandatory, i had to find a way to make it look tidy and the solution was to use a horizontal line.

I am requesting a field type of "Label" or "Heading" with settings underneath to be able to change the size of the text (pre-set sizes). Any text in the mandatory Label field will be formatted accordingly.

Alternatively we could stick with the Read-Only Multiline Text box, but maybe have a single Wiki-Markup code that will be allowed in the mandatory Label field for a Horizontal Line that will resize automatically to its div (as the questions area and printing have different width)... and we can continue to use the Wiki-Markup in the Read-Only Multiline Text box

Sorry if i'm not making sense.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

I think I understood the problem you have. The actual label or question is always displayed, so what you want is to hide it and display only the value with WiKi Text.

For this I think the best thing will be to add a new field type "Label" as you suggested. But instead of giving an option to set the font size, it will accept WiKi text, that is more flexible because you can play with many other properties of the text such as italic, bold and icons. 

I will raise a Change request for this. Although it's not that difficult to implement i dough you will see it soon (like in a week) because it requires changes in multiple products, Core, Platform, Admin Tool and Service Manager.

I will let you know when is ready for you to use.

Thanks,

Daniel.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi Samuel,

I think I understood the problem you have. The actual label or question is always displayed, so what you want is to hide it and display only the value with WiKi Text.

For this I think the best thing will be to add a new field type "Label" as you suggested. But instead of giving an option to set the font size, it will accept WiKi text, that is more flexible because you can play with many other properties of the text such as italic, bold and icons. 

I will raise a Change request for this. Although it's not that difficult to implement i dough you will see it soon (like in a week) because it requires changes in multiple products, Core, Platform, Admin Tool and Service Manager.

I will let you know when is ready for you to use.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Hi Daniel,

Fantastic! I thought that somehow using Wiki-Markup is the best option. Do you think the formatting will be reflected in the questions area on a call?

I will keep an eye out for this.

Many thanks,

Samuel

Hello,

When using my current Workaround, then printing the questions... it looks a bit odd:
Question.PNG

If/When the "Label" field arrives...are you able to ensure that the label doesn't have Question and Answer when printing it on the form (as you can see in the example above).

Also is it possible to appropriately format the "Label" field Questions area in a Request to not have a bullet point on the left hand side?

Slightly Different Topic:
Is it possible to have an option on the Custom Form to show the Form Title in the questions area that groups the questions together or breaks it up a bit more (can be turned on/off if the user wants it visible or not) - Sorry this is unrelated to having labels inside a Form

Many thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

I still need to discuss with the Service Manager team about how to display (if to display) the new label field in the request details. If is going to be displayed it should not be isong the prefix Question or Answer. Also as you suggest, maybe to have an option to enable/disable this.

I'll let you know after I speak to them.

Thanks,

Daniel.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I was wondering if there has been any progression with this? (with regards to the Label field as I'm still having to show the underscore ( _______________ ) in the Title of a field in order for the Default Value text to be formatted to look like a title using Wiki-Markup ( == Title == ).

Really pleased that the prefixes have been removed though when printing the questions.

Many thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

We have planned change request for this feature and you have been added to this request as connection, we will keep you updated once this will be ready to release.

Thanks!
Riz

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Samuel,

It looks like we have completed the work to provide a "Label" field in progressive capture.  This should be available in one of the upcoming builds of Service Manager.  Keep an eye open for the release notes and I will look to provides some additional documentation once it is available.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

6 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Samuel,

It looks like we have completed the work to provide a "Label" field in progressive capture.  This should be available in one of the upcoming builds of Service Manager.  Keep an eye open for the release notes and I will look to provides some additional documentation once it is available.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

Fantastic news thank you for keeping me updated. I am most certainly looking forward to trying out this new feature.

Thanks,

Samuel