Email Routing Rules

Dan Munns

Hi all,

I have just started looking at email routing rules and have gotten a rule to log a call based on the email address.

I would like it to log a call and assign it to a specific team (preferred) / use a specific BPM.

Is this possible at the moment? My rule writing skills are a bit (read a lot) rusty as I haven't touched anything like this for a fair few years so apologies if this is simple.

Thanks  

Depends... The BP that will be associated to the call can be assigned in the following order:

• on the service catalog item;
  • on the service itself;
  • on application settings.

If the first two are not possible - the request is logged without being associated to a service or there is no BP set on catalog or service, Hornbill will use the application settings to associate the BP.

Default_BPM.PNG

13 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

I bet you are all sick of me raising issues this last couple of weeks!

I would be worried if you didn't! :D I know we don't have a perfect app yet so all the issues you raise help us achieve goal. So, keep them coming ;)

10 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

Ok I resolved this last night by creating a completely new service and setting it to use that.

Now works ok.

Thanks

Is this for incidents? I have tried this yesterday on incidents and had the same issue... :( 

Yes for incidents. I created a service called email rules and set the incident emails to use that service and it works.

It also work with the catalog items within the service if I put that name in rather than the service name.

I still have no idea why I couldn't get it to work with an existing service though.

Yep works with old services as well now.

Would there be the possibility of allowing the selection of a catalog item rather than a service as this would allow much greater flexibility.

Selection such as Service Name : Catalog Item name much in the same way as categories are drilled into.

I understand that there is an item on the roadmap to improve this but it wont let me log in to the portal or send me the email to reset my password so I cant log on to look properly.

On ‎01‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 3:10 PM, Victor said:

Not at the moment. But we have a change in the 90-day roadmap to improve the functionality around routing rules. You can see the Development Roadmap on our customer portal:

https://success.hornbill.com/hornbill/servicemanager/service/2/roadmap

Hi Victor,

I tried your link to look at the roapmap, asked me for Username and password , provided cummunity portal details but it does let me log in  ( unexpected error occured...)

Thanks

Ralf

Working now thanks Victor.

Any update on the other comment?

Would there be the possibility of allowing the selection of a catalog item rather than a service as this would allow much greater flexibility.

Selection such as Service Name : Catalog Item name much in the same way as categories are drilled into.

Thanks