Issue with Workflow "On-Hold" Automation

Michael Sharp

I have an issue with placing tickets automatically "on-hold" during stages of a ticket.  Please can someone help me out with this?  Workflow as follows:

Request Details -> Human task (error when completed) -> Checkpoint node (completes fine) -> Automatic Email Notification (sends fine) -> BPM1 (attached) -> BPM2 (attached) -> Authorisation node -> Decision Node

Regards,

Mike.

BPM1.PNG

BPM2.PNG

error.PNG

@Michael Sharp the error occurs because the task expects a value for all time options (i.e. year, month, etc.). For your BP, if you like to request to be put on hold for 2 hours, then I suggest to set the time as 0 years, 0 months, 0 days, 2 hours, 0 minutes. I can see this configuration not being obvious (also not really needed to specify a zero time), so I will ask developers to look into this functionality.

Hi @Michael Sharp,

Thanks to @Victor and his thorough investigation, we have identified the cause for your reported error. I hope that the suggested workaround by @Victor does allow you to continue using your Business Process? Meanwhile, we have raised a request to improve the date selector, so that it wouldn't be necessary for Users to enter 0.

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that we have improved the Place On Hold task to address this.

This will be available in 2.32 Service Manager update.

Thanks,

Ehsan