Hornbill Platform Developers Toolkit

Where can I get this?

It's reference in the self documenting api and without it the api is becoming less useful.

For example:

• data::entityBrowseRecords  - What can I pass as an entity to get the entity data?
  • apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Asset::searchAssetGlobal - what can I pass as filter to get the list of assets I'm looking for?
  • data::queryExec - What are the names of the available queries to pass as queryName?

There's only so much guessing I can do.

Not at all the Toolkit is just a set of internal tools used to create and test application logic it is not required to make use of the XMLMC API's. 

If you enable the following Experimental flag in the Administration Tool under System -> Settings -> Advanced 
Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 11.03.39.png

Then you will get access to the Application Entity Viewer where you can browse the database schema and entity relationships.

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 11.04.03.png

• apps/com.hornbill.servicemanager/Asset::searchAssetGlobal - This one is poorly documented i will get one of the Developers to post back here.
  • data::queryExec - We do not expose the list of available Querys, you are better off posting what data you are trying to get out and we can point you in the right direction.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

• Like 1

@Bob320 The filter is just a string of text that you'd like to search for. I've updated the documentation for searchAssetGlobal to be:

Intended to be used by the global search feature in Collaboration. Each asset classes is searched in order to find the best results.

However, this may not be the best API to use if you're looking to find a list of assets. If you let us know what you're trying to achieve maybe we can point you in the right direction?

Thanks both. I'll poke around some more in the experimental bit to get more info.

The things I'm struggling with are in relation to assets. I really don't understand the direction taken for sites, buildings, floors and locations being so free form. We have a site and within that site are buildings, floors and locations. But SM seems only interested in being able to choose a site, then everything else is a free for all.

So we're trying to handle a simple daily process where we take an asset from the stores and move it to a location or user. It's a simple form that could just be select the asset, select the location, submit. However, in the SM world we can only use a site as there are no lookups on any of the other fields.

So far I've build a page that queries the API and does a lot of what we're after.

I'm using data::queryExec to search and filter the asset record selection using a typeahead and then for the sites using data::entityBrowseRecords but that only returns h_site_name and none of the other attributes like location.

I could probably use our own json data source for the locations, but then that doesn't become available in SM and is then unique to our developments.

Capture.PNG

2 hours ago, TrevorKillick said:

Not at all the Toolkit is just a set of internal tools used to create and test application logic it is not required to make use of the XMLMC API's. 

If you enable the following Experimental flag in the Administration Tool under System -> Settings -> Advanced 
Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 11.03.39.png

Then you will get access to the Application Entity Viewer where you can browse the database schema and entity relationships.

I don't seem to have that option.

Capture.PNG