Gamification - Awarding Achievements

Martyn Houghton

I try to work our how you award achievements to uses in Hornbill. I tried looking on the Wiki and the Forum, but there does not seem to be any details on how they are awarded.

I sure I am probably missing something simply here but if you can point me in the right direction.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

All you need to do is just open co-workers list and press "award" button next to your colleague name. 
Once you do it you will see a popup where you need to choose category and fill reason field.
After clicking OK award should appear on your colleague profile page in achievements tab.

Kind Regards,
Miro

ach1.png

ach2.png

Martyn

Unfortunately your achievement data are not set.

To be able to do it you need to have assigned a role with application right “canManageAchievements” (just create one like you see on attached screenshots). Once you do it you will find a new link in your core application icon.

ach4.png

ach5.png

ach3.png

• Like 1

Hi Martyn,

Just to make it clear, to manage Achievements you can login with a user that has the Admin Role and that will be enough. If you don't want to grant a specific user all the rights you can create be more specific with a role and create a new one as Miro suggested.

But in general, we suggest customers to use the Admin Role for this otherwise we can end up having many many roles, each for a small peace of functionality. That's why you have the option to create such roles if you want.

Hope this helps,

Daniel.