Simple Lists

Dan Munns

Hi all,

Is there anyway of making the questions in the procap show the display field rather than the value field of the simple lists?

I use the simple lists for things like department / site / job title and in the questions in the raised call it shows the value rather than the display name. This is a problem for the analysts as they don't know the values of the list items and the value numbers are used in procap to either miss or add other procap forms as part of the call logging process.

Thanks

Dan

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Dan

We too are finding this a problem and ended up for the time being having to abandon the actual values we wanted to hold and duplicate the display text into the values, as a workaround.

I guess at the moment that the progressive capture definition is not encapsulated in the request when  it is created, unlike the BPM process, so at the moment the application does not have the context to understand what the display values where.

I think this would also affect the other posts about the ability to edit the questions, as without the context of the original progressive capture, you would not be able to display the relative options/simple list.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Dan and Martyn,

We can replicate this issue, I have raised the request for the development team, we will try to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Regards,
Riz

Thanks Victor,

Any news on a release date for 2.31 as I am waiting on a number of things which should be fixed in this release (which I was told would be available at the back end of this week) at it is slowing down our implementation of the system

Thanks

Hi,

So now the simple list displays the display name instead of the value, however it seems to be ignoring the value completely as a BPM I had which had a decision node now doesn't work.

It is set up like this: Get questions>IF Q2 contains 1 GOTO A otherwise GOTO B

Now it used to work but since the update I have had to change it to: IF Q2 contains YES GOTO A otherwise GOTO B

This seems to effect other items as well, rather than just the simple lists. It seems like it is ignoring the value field for everything with a value and just using the display name

Also it now seems to order the list items by display name alphabetically rather than by value as it used to.

• 3 weeks later...

@Dan Munns apologies for the delayed reply. Indeed, now answers from ProCap questions will be stored as "display names" rather than "values". For example, as you noticed as well, if your list will have an item with ID = 1 and Name = Test, the answer will be stored as "Test". This is what you need to set up in the BP. I will ask our developers if this is the intended functionality.

@Dan Munns following on my last post I can confirm that storing the "Default Display Name" in answers is the intended functionality. Due to the value/display name defect, the value used to be stored in/as the answer. The BP needs to cater for this value ("Default Display Name") if is used to branch it via decisions.