Daily Active Calls

Kelvin

Thanks for the suggestion however no it doesn't help.

For example if I look at all calls open last night it was about 350, the measure only shows 19, I am not sure where this number comes from.

@Kelvin it looks like the measure you've created will just show you the the number of open requests logged on that day because h_datelogged is the criteria used to check for the day to measure on. This would not give you a total but the ability to see it fall and rise over the period of 30 days.

If you don't need the actual measure functionality, you could use a widget to get the total count of currently open calls. You'd probably want to look at anything that's not been resolved resolved at a certain point in the last 24 hours though.

@cchana This was copied from the Calls Active Monthly measure which I believe was in the system when we went live. I have only changed the frequency.

I am looking to have a trend line for number of active calls at the end of each day.

Hi Kelvin,

Looking at your screenshot the reference point you are using is "Date Logged".  This will result in only showing requests that were logged during the sample period (daily, weekly, monthly) and not all requests that were open during that period.

I believe that all you need to do is remove the options from the date range columns and leave your measure to sample daily based on the criteria that you have specified for the status.   

Regards,

James

Hi Kelvin,

This is possibly where the issues is.  This field didn't used to be mandatory.  The mandatory option has been removed for the Date Ranging Column and this change should be available to you soon. This did highlight another issue where once a Date Ranging Column as been selected, this field can not be cleared.  Once the change to the field not being mandatory is available, you may find that you will have to recreate this particular measure in order to not have this field populated.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am having a similar problem despite re-creating the measure.

With no date range set i get the same figure every day which is in affect the current dates total.

What I need is a running total open calls figure. I can do this in a counter list widget but I want to trend over a time period

Any ideas

Hi @Tel8oy and @Kelvin,

In regards to the "Current Open Calls per day" measures you are creating. When you manually resample this for the first time, then all of the previous figures will be identical, which is what you are experiencing. We would expect that - because you have actually removed the date and time information from this measure, the system can only base the information on the current data at the point of running the sample.

For example, today is Tuesday and you are collecting the last 7 days worth of samples - you run the sample, and there are 300 open (non-closed) requests in Hornbill. The most recent sample will correctly show 300, but because the measure is not actually taking into account any date column (i.e. when the request was logged, or when the request was resolved) there isn't actually any way of backdating this measure to see how many calls were open the day before, the day before that and so on - but these samples still need to be populated so the system populates it with the most recent sample (300) when you do the manual resample.  

So the measure shows:

Tues 20th - 300
Weds 21st - 300
Thurs 22nd - 300
Fri - 23rd - 300
Sat 24th - 300
Sun 25th - 300
Mon 26th - 300

BUT - the next evening, when the sample runs automatically - it will take take the measure of that days open requests AND retain the previous days so the next time you check it will show:

Weds 21st - 300
Thurs 22nd - 300
Fri - 23rd - 300
Sat 24th - 300
Sun 25th - 300
Mon 26th - 300
Tues 27th - 281

After a week of daily, automatic sampling, the system will now be populated with each days recorded open requests:

Tues 27th - 281
Weds 28th - 272
Thurs 29th - 283
Fri - 30th - 282
Sat 1st - 260
Sun 2nd - 265
Mon 3rd - 263
Tues 27th - 281

So the key here is not resampling as you will lose the data you have built up because it is "live" as such at the end of every day and not being populated by a database value. This is something that has been discussed internally to potentially improve upon in the future, but this is how you would achieve this trend at the moment. 

I hope this makes sense, let me know if there are any questions!

Bob