Views vs. Members on Request List

Michael Sharp

Is there a way for someone to be able to view all content on the request list without being a member of the teams?  Our IT Director wants to be able to view all tickets however does not want to be included on all of the tasks assigned when assigned to teams.  We also have another member of the team (training manager/their assistant) that may review requests periodically but will maintain their own task lists - these would not be part of the technical teams ideally.

Guest Ehsan

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your post.

Users can view requests, if they meet one of the following criteria:

• My Requests - Requests that are assigned to the logged on User.
  • I'm Following - Requests that you're following or simply, those where you've pressed the 'Follow' button on while viewing the request details page. Doing so provides a User with any new updates to a request on their News Feed.
  • I'm a Member - Requests that the logged on User has been added to as a 'Member'. This is usually, where and when an analyst feels that another member of the organisation could assist with or is interested in receiving updates on the request.
  • All My Teams - Requests that are assigned to all the Teams that the logged on User is a part of.
  • All My Services - Requests that are associated to Services that are supported by the logged on User.
  • Each Team that the logged on User is a part of.

The other option for exploring a unique set of requests is by creating a View (which I believe you are already aware of) but that would require you to be able to uniquely identify a set of requests by a common piece of information.

In your scenario, I would suggest that your IT Director and the Training Team are added to the list of 'Supporting Teams' of Services that they're interested in (unless the Services in mind are already supported by all teams). You could possibly create a new Team and associate your IT Director to this Team. In summary, I am afraid there isn't an option to view ALL of the requests that are raised within the system.

I hope this helps?

Thanks,

Ehsan

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 11:23 AM, Ehsan said:

Hi Michael,

Thank you for your post.

Users can view requests, if they meet one of the following criteria:

• My Requests - Requests that are assigned to the logged on User.
  • I'm Following - Requests that you're following or simply, those where you've pressed the 'Follow' button on while viewing the request details page. Doing so provides a User with any new updates to a request on their News Feed.
  • I'm a Member - Requests that the logged on User has been added to as a 'Member'. This is usually, where and when an analyst feels that another member of the organisation could assist with or is interested in receiving updates on the request.
  • All My Teams - Requests that are assigned to all the Teams that the logged on User is a part of.
  • All My Services - Requests that are associated to Services that are supported by the logged on User.
  • Each Team that the logged on User is a part of.

The other option for exploring a unique set of requests is by creating a View (which I believe you are already aware of) but that would require you to be able to uniquely identify a set of requests by a common piece of information.

In your scenario, I would suggest that your IT Director and the Training Team are added to the list of 'Supporting Teams' of Services that they're interested in (unless the Services in mind are already supported by all teams). You could possibly create a new Team and associate your IT Director to this Team. In summary, I am afraid there isn't an option to view ALL of the requests that are raised within the system.

I hope this helps?

Thanks,

Ehsan

Hi Ehsan,

Thanks for your response, this worked for me (Supporting Teams).
Regards,

Mike.