Custom Field Variables in Email Notifications

Michael Sharp

I have an issue where when an email notification is sent, the template does not pull through custom field values e.g. "H_custom_a".  These fields are currently populated during progressive capture.  Please can someone explain where I might be going wrong?

I've just added some custom fields (h_custom_a) to a request but to add them to an email template you have to use ' {{Extended Information.H_custom_1}} ' etc.

1-20 = a-z according to the wiki page

Thanks

Tina

Using Custom Questions and Answers in Email Templates

If you have a requirement to include the answers to custom questions in email templates within your business process, it is now possible to utilise the above mapping to write the answers to the custom questions into default fields which are immediately available to use as variables when creating your email templates.

By using the above mapping to any of the requests custom fields, when creating your email template, simply look for the Extended Information options available from the variables drop down pick list. The Extended Information options are listed as 1 through to 20 and these equate to the custom fields a through to p which you will have mapped to. By selecting the required variable in your email template, this will pass through the answer from your custom question which has been mapped to the corresponding custom field.

7 hours ago, Tina.Lapere said:

I've just added some custom fields (h_custom_a) to a request but to add them to an email template you have to use ' {{Extended Information.H_custom_1}} ' etc.

1-20 = a-z according to the wiki page

Thanks

Tina

Using Custom Questions and Answers in Email Templates

If you have a requirement to include the answers to custom questions in email templates within your business process, it is now possible to utilise the above mapping to write the answers to the custom questions into default fields which are immediately available to use as variables when creating your email templates.

By using the above mapping to any of the requests custom fields, when creating your email template, simply look for the Extended Information options available from the variables drop down pick list. The Extended Information options are listed as 1 through to 20 and these equate to the custom fields a through to p which you will have mapped to. By selecting the required variable in your email template, this will pass through the answer from your custom question which has been mapped to the corresponding custom field.

Works perfectly - why on Earth this isn't more logical I don't know!

Thanks,

Mike.