Log a service request - Emails not been sent to customer

Sean Burke

Hi,

I am experiencing issues creating a New Service Request within Business Processes.

I would like to email the end customer once a new service request has been created. I have configured the email settings as the same settings I have used to raise an Incident which currently works.

When I create a new service request I successfully complete the case creation but the email is not sent to the end user.

I do not see any errors when logging the service request. Can anybody advise of a log location within service manager so that I can see why the email is not been sent?

I have attached a screenshot of the settings?

I am new to Service manager and any advise would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hornbill Service Request.docx

Hi Victor,

I have created a new Business Process called "Log a Service Request 2"

This was copied from a working business process called "New Workflow".

I have edited the Email Customer action to use the Email template "LogServiceRequest"

I have logged into Hornbill Collaboration and selected services and configured the Service Request to use the workflow called "Log a service request 2"

When I log a new service request the email is not sent to the customer.

I am receiving the following error:

Xmlmc method invocation failed for BPM invocation node s'1/flowcode-f79d5fff-3db1-0277-aa1b-7a47234ea128" 0200 apps notify EmailCustomer Flow (see attached)

Any help in this matter would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Hornbill Service Request.docx

Thanks for the reply Victor.

If you change the Templates to Service Request it does exist. (see attached)

I have also tried using the "NewRequestConfirmation" the same email template which is used for "New Workflow".

This time I did not receive an error but the email was not sent.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sean

Service Request Template.PNG

@Sean Burke the email template needs to reside in "Requests" category... Currently the BP does not know to look into "Service Requests" template category. Also it seems that some of your BPs are set to inactive so they will not spawn on requests until you activate them. You can toggle Active/Inactive from the BP list: Home->Service Manager->Business Processes. Look in the "Active State" column.

Hi Victor,

I have deleted the email template and recreated in the Requests category.

I have logged a new service request without any errors.

However I still do not receive the email.

I have ensured that all BPS are activated?

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thanks

Sean

Had a quick look at a few requests in your instance and I think the reason why BP is not working is because the service is missing on these requests. BP are associated to services so if the service is missing so will the BP...

This could be for the following reasons:

• the request is logged and service is not captured during progressive capture - make sure the progressive capture has "Get Service Details" form and it is set to mandatory so the analyst logging the call will not skip it by mistake;
  • the service does not have an associated BP - seems to be configured correctly in your instance. But even if this would be be the case, if the service does not have a BP associated, it will use the default BP configured in application settings;
  • the service is using catalog items to log requests (either analyst selects the catalog item or the request is logged via the portal where the only option is that catalog item) - could be a problem in your instance as the catalog item for SR does not have a process associated to it. This won't be such an issue if you at least would have a default BP in application settings (app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.service) but this configuration is missing also.

My advice is to set the service detail mandatory in ProCap, set the BP on the catalog item and, as backup, have a default BP configured in application settings.

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your help

I have made the changes and it now appears that the emails are now been sent.

However I now have another issue.

When raising new requests It automatically jumps to assign an Incident number.

I no longer have the option to set customer name, priority type of request.

Can you please advis eof what I need to change?

Thanks

Sean