Task Completion Mandatory Before Close

Hi all, is it possible to force tasks to be completed before closing a request?  My analysts seem to be able to close requests without completing outstanding tasks set against that request.  Apologies if I've missed something obvious!

Hi Michael,

There is a way you could do it...

Create the very last task with a decision that once completed automatically resolve the call... then go into the Service and disable the "Resolve Call" button against that Service.

The only downside is that you cannot write a "Resolve" message that gets included in the email to the customer once the call is resolved... unless i'm missing something?

Thanks,

Samuel

You can skip around the work flow using the buttons at the top of the page (first attachment)

These can be removed individually in the request configuration screen (second attachment)

I think then the only way they can resolve the call is to follow the BPM to completion

Hope that helps

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Hi Mike,

As well as the great suggestions above (where you can hide the "Resolve" button on a Service by Service basis) we also have an application setting you can switch on which will prevent a request from being resolved if there are any open tasks outstanding. 

This setting can be found in the Admin App - Home > Service Manager > Application Settings and he setting is called "webapp.view.ITSM.serviceDesk.requests.resolve.denyWithOpenActivities"

Screenshot_4.png

Switch this to "On" and analysts will be able to prevent requests from being resolved if there are any open tasks. 

I hope this helps

Regards

Bob