Self Service Queries

samwoo

Hello,

I do apologise for the amount of question's i am going to ask... things that have popped up whilst working on the Self Service Portal.

1. We have a huge number of Applications, managing which Service users are able to see is another job in itself... so I was wondering if I could request a new feature to have Sub Services or Sub Catalogs. At the moment we have each Application (based on their Resolver Groups) seperated and there is loads (alongside standard IT services)

Laptop / Deskop     Outlook / Email      Access Request     New Starter/Leaver/Mover    Application 1      Applications 2     Applications 3     Application 4     etc...

It would be a big benefit to have a main "Applications" Service, with individual Applications as a Sub Service with their own Catalogs
  2. Can we change the size of the icons or how the Services / Catalogs are viewed in the Self Service portal (maybe a list for example) - users have said that it's cluttered and too large
  3. Is it possible to remove the large image or have a smaller one as it takes up a lot of space at the top of the screen (on some of our user's laptops, it takes over half the screen)
  4. We need certain services to be in a certain order, but cannot reorder them... the only workaround we have is to use     > Service Name <    which isn't great but brings the most important services to the top (though not in the best order)
  5. We currently have no media server to upload images so they can be used in the FAQ's, could we have the feature where images can be pasted into it directly from clipboard ? Such as you currently have in Requests / Workspaces area? Or to be able to upload images then add them to a certain position in the FAQ (a bit like you have on the forums)
  6. Could we have a "minimum number of days" added to the Date Field on a custom form? If we put 5 days then it will automatically populate with 5 days from now, but will also inform the customer that the minimum number of days is 5 if they put in less.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

@James Ainsworth

On 27/07/2016 at 1:11 AM, James Ainsworth said:

We are currently looking at a change to make use of the existing Service Categories and provide some additional displays on the Portals based on these categories.  This Service Category can be set within the Service Details.  

Is this the type of option that you are looking for?

(I'm not sure why I have two posts with the same title... in this post but this is the main one.)
James are you able to elaborate a bit more on what this would mean going forward?

What I was looking for was a way to have an Applications Service with each business applications as a Sub-Service. When you click on the Sub-Service you get any forms / requests / FAQ's relevant to the Business Application.

Maybe have a checkbox in the Services area to enable "Sub Services" to only enable it against specific services.

See the following image as an example of how it would look in a hierarchical structure
Sub-Service.png

This will allow customers to see fewer services on the main screen, so if they have a specific applications request then they would open the Applications service, then open the relevant Applications Sub-Service then fill out the relevant forms. 

Thanks,

Samuel

On 25/07/2016 at 10:42 AM, samwoo said:

2. Can we change the size of the icons or how the Services / Catalogs are viewed in the Self Service portal (maybe a list for example) - users have said that it's cluttered and too large

@James Ainsworth has submitted a proposal from this post: 

3. Is it possible to remove the large image or have a smaller one as it takes up a lot of space at the top of the screen (on some of our user's laptops, it takes over half the screen)

Question asked in this post: 

We currently have no media server to upload images so they can be used in the FAQ's, could we have the feature where images can be pasted into it directly from clipboard ? Such as you currently have in Requests / Workspaces area? Or to be able to upload images then add them to a certain position in the FAQ (a bit like you have on the forums)

Some good points there @samwoo we'd like quite a few of those things too

I'd like to be able to upload images such as the one on the portal screen, we have it linked to one on our website at the moment but there's no guarantee that it will stay on there.

It would be good if we could upload these too such as you can in a call or use the webdav section in the admin portal to upload images to a folder

We've got a lot of services that would benefit from some groupings and we'd like the icon size changes and uploading of custom icons

4 hours ago, Everton1878 said:

Some good points there @samwoo we'd like quite a few of those things too

I'd like to be able to upload images such as the one on the portal screen, we have it linked to one on our website at the moment but there's no guarantee that it will stay on there.

It would be good if we could upload these too such as you can in a call or use the webdav section in the admin portal to upload images to a folder

We've got a lot of services that would benefit from some groupings and we'd like the icon size changes and uploading of custom icons

I got around this by hosting the images in the Document Library within Hornbill and linked from there.  Can't see why logos and default banners can't be embedded in the same way as assets and user images though....?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎30‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 1:03 AM, Michael Sharp said:

I got around this by hosting the images in the Document Library within Hornbill and linked from there.  Can't see why logos and default banners can't be embedded in the same way as assets and user images though....?

Hello - can you please explain in more detail how you achieved this? Any images I try and upload into the library ends up in My Buzz ...

• 5 months later...
On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 11:54 AM, samwoo said:

@James Ainsworth

(I'm not sure why I have two posts with the same title... in this post but this is the main one.)
James are you able to elaborate a bit more on what this would mean going forward?

What I was looking for was a way to have an Applications Service with each business applications as a Sub-Service. When you click on the Sub-Service you get any forms / requests / FAQ's relevant to the Business Application.

Maybe have a checkbox in the Services area to enable "Sub Services" to only enable it against specific services.

See the following image as an example of how it would look in a hierarchical structure
Sub-Service.png

This will allow customers to see fewer services on the main screen, so if they have a specific applications request then they would open the Applications service, then open the relevant Applications Sub-Service then fill out the relevant forms. 

Thanks,

Samuel

Just wondering if any thoughts to my query above has been discussed?

I thought of this being a bit like the categories on the system where you can define up to 3 levels -
the top level = Service
the second level = Catalog (as normal) or if defined, a Sub Service
the third level (if second level = Sub Service) = Catalog

Thanks,

Samuel

We use progressive capture in this way e.g.

1. Try solution A which is decribed (multi-line text that is visible on the form but non-amendable
  2. Have a question underneath that says "Did this work?" (yes/no drop down, then "Next" button)
  3. If solution A worked, cancel the request
  4. If solution A didn't work, proceed with solution B on the same configuration and record a fault if none of the options worked

As for the sub category element of the post, this is definitely something we would favour as well as the ability to add attachments to FAQs.

Regards,

Mike.

why not simply use the service category?

58a43ca03caf1_servicecategory.png.1f1defdde6a192c9fcee4741138d0672.png

Then in the service catalogue you can use the drop down menu:

58a43bfccd559_dropdowncategory.png.eb798aff458979e0d59a990214587f1e.png

Would be a bit redundant with your service "Printer" and "Access" but would be incredibly useful for "Applications". This is how we managed our 110+ services on our instance.