Groupings in PC's and BPM

samwoo

Hello,

I would like to request the ability to be able to define groups in the Progressive Capture and Business Process Management area.

A bit like the "Views" in the "Request List" I would like to be able to define groups based on my criteria, and to have the ability to share it to other administration users.

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

By groups you mean filters right? You then want to limit those filters to specific admin users so for example admin A can only see filter A and B both of which restrict the list of records?

Not sure we would get that done anytime soon as it would require changing permissions setup and all the admin apis for listing bpm/process flows as well as the update apis to make sure not updating process thats not in a filter you have access to.

What would be an example filter. There isn't that much you can filter on...process name? why would you filter on created by?

From what you have said then we would need a bpm/pcf super admin who can create and share access to these filters. As well as have permission to create/delete processes.

Then you would have admin bpm/pcf basic users that cannot create processes but just edit ones in the filters that they have been assigned access to.

Let me share this with our server team to see how much api work would be involved.

Cheers

Hi Neil,

Not quite what I mean but not a bad idea as well.

What i meant was to be able to group certain things manually so a few examples..

1. we could manually add all our Service Requests BPM's into a group called "Service Requests" or
  2. All our Individual Applications BPM's into an "Applications" Group or
  3. Even a specific "Outlook" group in PC's for all forms related to "Outlook" or
  4. For a specific Applications we could group all it's relevant forms (incidents or service requests) so we can easily identify what form the application is using.
  5. We could potentially group one BPM in multiple places so we know that it's being used twice etc

I wrote this post in a bit of a rush so i hope it makes sense.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

Ok so just to clarify. You are talking about categorising processes. Where you could have a process categorised in, for example, 2 categories "Incident processes" & "Change processes".

You then want to be able to filter the process list in the admin tool by category. for example "show me all bpm processes that are incident processes".

Cheers

• Like 1