Connections able to view requests on portals

Everton1878

When adding another customer as a connection is it possible for the call to show in the portal for that employee too?

We've not gone live with the customer portal yet so I haven't had chance to test this but when I was speaking to Daniel Riley he thinks it doesn't currently do this

We often get users copying in other users on calls and maybe their managers

It would be good if they could all have visibility of the call

kind regards,

Pete

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your post.  That is correct that at the moment the connections that have been added to a request do not have access to that request in the portals.  The initial implementation of the connections was to support the "Me Too" option for Problems and Known Errors that are published to the portals.  It was then extended to the Change Requests to determine the interest in a particular change by allowing service desk staff to add the connections.  Some functionality was provided to include connections in outgoing email communications including some automated BPM tasks.

This does sound like a good next step with the connections having greater visibility of the requests they are connected to.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Pete,

I'm afraid that there is nothing in the short term schedule for this as of yet.  We will continue to review and let you know how we progress.  We will have quite a few considerations on how the visibility of requests that a user is connected to will work.  For example if I was to raise a request with the Service Desk with the contents of a rather personal nature, whether it be through automation or done manually by one of the Service Desk team, it would be possible for my request to be shared without my knowing.

On a Problem or KE record, the published information is controlled by the Problem Team and is separate from the main content within the problem and each individual problem can be selected for publication.  We will look at Changes in the same way where descriptions can be focused for public consumption and individually selected changes can be published.

I would be interested to know if you are looking beyond Problem and Change and would like to see Incidents and Service Requests more broadly published to connected users on the portals.  Are there concerns with sharing some types of information? 

Regards,

James 

Hi James,

I was thinking of it for Incidents and Service Requests

We often get emails sent in with other users copied into the email and it would be good if we could add them in as affected or interested connections and give them visibility of the call

It wouldn't be for all calls, it would probably be a relatively small number of calls where an issue affects a whole department or spans a couple of departments and the managers could do with visibility

kind regards,

Pete

I saw that in another post and that will certainly help with some things

We recently had a manager request info on all outstanding call for their department

Sometimes it would be useful to be able to add colleagues on an ad-hoc basis

Sometimes we have issues that may affect our sales and warehouse team and we end up with emails flying backwards and forwards and they often don't have the reference number in them

In those instances it would be useful to give the affected parties access to the call in the portal so they could view and update from there

• 1 year later...

Hi @Stuart Torres-Catmur

I saw this mention but not sure if there was something specific that you were looking for.  The feature mentioned in this post to allow managers to view their managed staff's requests is available and can be enabled using this setting

image.png

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

James

• Victor changed the title to Connections able to view requests on portals

+1 for this!

This is something I've asked about before too (i.e. allowing others to be able to see request details on the portal)

We've enabled the manager setting, but it only solves a small fraction of the issues we face.