Request Update Emails/Notifications not working

Tina.Lapere

Hi Tina,

this bit of functionality isn't quite ready yet. It hasn't made it into our next release either, but should be in the one after that. Keep an eye out on the release notes!

Hello, 

I am having a similar issue.  When a customer emails in and the request is Auto-Updated.  None of us receive the email that tells us it's updated. 

This seems to be since we ran the update on 26/7/16 at 14:50. 

In all honesty, it's always been intermittent. But now it doesn't work at all. 

Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks

Omaha 

Sample ref: SR00000301  - 

Email Update.PNG

SentMail at that time.PNG

@ojenkins just to double check, do you have these Service Manager application settings configured?

• guest.app.requests.notification.emailTemplate.analystAutoresponder - The email template to be used when sending a manual email or an email autoresponder update notification;
  • guest.app.requests.notification.emailTemplate.groupAutoresponder - The email template to be used when sending a manual email or an email autoresponder update notification (if you use team notifications);
  • guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.emailUpdate - Notification type for automated new requests and updates to requests via email (configured to "email" or "both").

Hi Victor, 

Yes,  all of those are configured. 

I set the .emailUpdate to "both" today (in case that helped), previously it was "Email Only" 

I have checked to make sure those templates have the correct name. 

Thanks

Omaha 

Notification settings.PNG

48 minutes ago, ojenkins said:

Hi Victor, 

Yes,  all of those are configured. 

I set the .emailUpdate to "both" today (in case that helped), previously it was "Email Only" 

I have checked to make sure those templates have the correct name. 

Thanks

Omaha 

Notification settings.PNG

@Victor

Thanks @Victor - Still not right,  Though it seems a colleague has just received two notification emails.  I have just sent 2 test emails (For and SR and an IN) Both requests have been updated.  No emails in sent mail to say the Notification were sent. 

Noticiations Part 2.PNG

Hmm... that's odd...same error yet I did apply the changes... hmm...

Right, I have tried one more thing, @ojenkins would you mind log off and back on and try again? Please try and test the AR update to a call that does not belong to you. You won't get a notification if you send and email and AR updates a call that you own :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Keith,

thanks for your post.
Which notifications do you appear to be having difficulty with? Is it just one type (such as email notifications to analysts when a call is assigned) or all of the email notifications?

If it's all of them, I would check the mailbox sent items. If you can see a notification email in there, that suggests that Hornbill at least recognised it should fire a notification email and also attempted to send it which indicates the setting is active. 
In the above case I'd check your junk mail folder in your email client where you expected the email to be received, and also make inquiries with you mail exchange team. Perhaps it was blocked or discarded at that point.

Please let me know if what you find.
Thanks,

Dan

@DanielRi / @Victor My issue relates to updates entered by customers in the portal which I am currently trying to test. I have changed setting guest.app.requests.notification.notificationType.portalUpdate to have value BOTH but upon updating an incident in the portal I get neither a notification in Hornbill nor an email.

FYI - emails which I have configured as part of the business process flows are sending out just fine. 

Thanks

Keith