Notifications Area - Feedback

Tina.Lapere

I've recieved some feedback from Colleagues around the notifications so thought I'd ask how others are finding it.

Bascially they are finding it's becoming rather diluted in it's helpfulness due to the number of activities that are created by some of our request BPM's - they are getting bombarded by these - even though they know about them as they are working on the calls.  As a result they are missing out on more important information such as workspace updates etc as they are finding that they are just not using them, and when the number gets high they are then dismissing them all.

They use the system more than I do so I have to take on board their comments/frustrations and the last thing I want them to do is stop using them all together, therefore I'd be interested to see how others are finding/using them and if there is anything I can do to help the situation from an Admin side (settings etc).

Thanks

Tina

HI Tina,

Notifications always seem like a good idea until you start getting a lot of them and thats what you are seeing.  There are options for each person to control what notifications they are getting so you will probably need to tune your notifications to better suit your teams working practices.  You might also consider reducing the number of notifications your workflows generate.  Getting the right level of automated notifications is not easy, but we are always keen to listen to ideas and suggestions as to how we might improve this for our users. 

Gerry 

Hi,

This is also causing an issue for our users. We deal with a large number of requests and this is generating numerous and various notifications which, as Tina has mentioned, is also becoming less and less useful. A few suggestions would be:

1: Ability to order the notifications with the oldest at the top

2: Ability to group the notifications by:

i) Type - for example Customer updates, Mentions, Assigned, Workspaces etc..

ii) Date - For example 2 days ago in one group, 3 days ago in one group and so on

3: A show all option or a Show [50][100][All] etc so that one doesn't have to click Show More numerous times at the bottom on the page.

Your views/comments would be much appreciated as this issue is mentioned numerous times by users

(FYI - I work with Martyn Houghton and am looking after the system whilst he is on leave)

Thanks

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions.  The best possible route would be to reduce the number of notifications generated so they are of high quality and relevance.  However, there are some interetsting suggestions there I will feed back into our development team

Gerry

We have an activity that is generated when we resolve a call, it sets a timer of 5 days to close the call if there has been no closure by the customer

These notifications to the call owner are a waste, the only thing I've really thought of is to change the setting from task owner to admin so the admin user gets them all instead

Gerry

You mention - 'You might also consider reducing the number of notifications your workflows generate.' - how do you achieve this? I'd like to be able to turn off the notifications for task generated by a workflow as then Analysts would only receive notifications for adhoc activities created etc.  This would certainly help at the moment.

Thanks

TIna

• 1 month later...

As per my colleague @Martin.bowman mentions, we are using a large volume of notifications, to avoid the generation of emails, either automatically or manually. We want to keep the focus and communications flow within the tool as much as possible. Having to switch out to use email to check on updates/notifications from the system is counter productive and potential means actions are undertaken outside of the system, then potentially not being recorded.

As well as the ability to filter/group on the current notification tab, it would be good to have a similar facility to the new Activities screens under home where you can view it as detailed list, baord and calendar view. The detailed list would be the most useful as you could filter sort them appropriately.

Cheers

Martyn

• 4 months later...
On 7/20/2016 at 9:19 PM, Everton1878 said:

We have an activity that is generated when we resolve a call, it sets a timer of 5 days to close the call if there has been no closure by the customer

These notifications to the call owner are a waste, the only thing I've really thought of is to change the setting from task owner to admin so the admin user gets them all instead

Completely agree, any update as to whether being able to switch notifications off for specific tasks within BPM is in the pipeline yet?

Thanks,
Tom

• 2 months later...

@Gerry, I was wondering if there was any more movement on the notifications area?  The reason I ask is they've now flagged the fact that if they complete an activity or are working on a call which generates an activity they not only get a notification in the notification area but they now get the 'home' icon appear too flagging the activities and it's causing even more frustration within the team.  One notification was enough but 2 is starting to wind them up!

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this.

Hi Tina,

The notification and the Home icon appearing are actually two different things.  The "Home Icon Appearing" is the equivalent of the counter appearing on the home icon when the menu was docked to the left of the window.  Because the nav is now a popup there needed to be a way for us to show there were new items through a counter.  When you view/action a notification that should automatically clear the Home icon counter if the notification was actioned. 

There is a link at the bottom of the new nav menu called "Discuss this feature" which has a lot more detail and the discussions around this. 

I am not sure how to reduce the screen noice without creating the possibility of not seeing whats new, we are as always though open to ideas/suggestions. 

Gerry