easy way for analyst to view a users tickets

Gary@ADL

Hi Guys,

is there an easy way for me as an analyst to view a customers tickets? if I search for and find the user, I cant see the users info, but no ticket info. If I search in the 'requests' search at the top, I get lots of results but they are not sortable or filterable.

the easiest way to view a full list of tickets logged against a customer is to go into the services tab, view all my services, then put the users name into the filter, which is a bit rubbish,

can we have a section in with the users info section which allows us to view all tickets logged by that user?

thanks

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG

Hi Gary,

I would suggest using the custom "Views" from the request list view.  From the top right of the requests list, click "Views -> Add New", give it a name and then specify the customer in the criteria of the view.

Full details of how to work with views can be found here https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_List_Views

Hope that gets you the data you need and it should all then be sortable as needed.

Regards,

Dave.

thanks for this Dave - yes it works but its a bit faffy having to create a view etc - probably easier still would be to have a existing view I can use and just modify the user each time...

although I still think it would be nice to be able to use the search bar at the top of whatever screen your in, search for the user, then just click a tab to see all there calls sorted in descending order. this would have the user, his/her requests, contact details etc, all in one place,

thanks

Gary

Hi, Just to add, this will only work where you are a member of a supporting team for that service. If you want to see requests logged against other services which you do not support it doesn't appear to be possible to view them.

This would be something that would be very useful. For example we have a number of teams supporting different services but may wish to view ALL requests logged for a particular organisation.

In addition, when such a list is retrieved we would also wish to be able to view the request details even though we may not support that service, and without having to add ourselves as a member first of all, a view only option for example.

Your comments would be appreciated on this, unless I have missed something somewhere on how this can be accomplished.

Thanks

Martin

• 10 months later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hi

Was this post ever followed up? We'd also like to be able to see a users calls from just the user record if possible.

thanks

Paul

Thanks everyone for your posts.  As mentioned we are looking to add what we call a request list "plug-in"  which is a component that allows us to add a list of requests to a number of locations in the different Hornbill apps.  The two areas that are being discussed here are against a contact record (external customer) and against a user profile (internal customer).  In both these cases this will allow you to browse to the customer record and from there, view this "plug-in".

Until this is available, the fasted way to locate a customer's requests is by using the filter option on the request list.  This does not require a defined View and also means that you don't have to navigate away from your request list to view a particular customer's requests.  The Filter does search other fields as well, so there are chances that a few requests that are not related to the customer may come up, but sorting on the customer column will group your customer's requests together.  One scenario that isn't catered for is If you have multiple customers with the same name. You still may be able to use the sorting on columns such as Site, Company, or Organization to group the requests for each customer.  

filteroncustomer.PNG

Another option for locating a particular customer's requests is by using the Global Search.  We recently added a new option in the Search Tools that allows you to select a customer as part of the search criteria.  At the moment the search does also require some text to be entered.  If you are using the default request prefixes, you can simply type in IN0* which will only show incidents in the results.

globalsearchoncustomer.PNG

Regards,

James

On 2016-7-21 at 10:32 AM, Martin.bowman said:

Hi, Just to add, this will only work where you are a member of a supporting team for that service. If you want to see requests logged against other services which you do not support it doesn't appear to be possible to view them.

Hi @Martin.bowman

I wanted to respond to your post separately as I think that this might be a slightly different requirement.  It was important for us and some of our customers to control access between the requests associated between the different services in order to restrict access to request that might be on more of a personal level such as HR requests.

There are a number of ways of managing visibility of the different requests that belong to different services.

1.) In an open environment where all the different teams can have access/visibility to all the different requests for the different services, you can omit  the adding of any support teams on the service record which then makes if available to all teams.  This is by far the simplest approach if you don't require any restrictions on visibility or requests between services.

2.) Where the visibility or access to the requests against a Service need to be controlled you can add one or more "Supported By" teams, and by doing so you restrict the access from the other teams.

3.) To grant an individual access to the requests within a service but not have them available for requests being assigned to them you can add them on one of the teams that support the service, but exclude them from being assigned requests using the settings in Administration under Service Manger ->Service Desk

4.) You can bring in an individual on a request by request basis by making them a member of the request

Let me know if that helps.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...

Issue I continue to struggle to understand is our analyst are subscribed to the same service, but the tickets may be in different teams. When checking via a View, you only see the ones your team dealt with, why isn't there a way of seeing the ones that are part of the same service.

Nasim

Hi @nasimg

There are two ways an analyst can view all requests for a service.  The first is on the Group filter you can select "All My Services'' which will show all the requests for these services including ones that don't belong to your team.  You can then sort on the Service list/column to group these.

allmyservices.PNG

Next you can create a custom View where the criteria specifies the Service you would like to view.  Again, this will show all requests that are associated to that service, independent of the team that they are assigned to, provided that your team supports that service.  Let us know if this is not the case for you as you mentioned that your View does not seem to show all team's requests.  

I hope that helps.

Regards,

James

• 1 month later...

Hi @Gary@ADL

We have just finished some work which will provide a request list on each user's profile and Contact's record.  Also accessible will be the list of services that they are subscribed to.  This will provide easy access to view, manage, or export a list of requests that is associated to an individual customer (user or contact).  This list is only visible to support staff and users of Service Manager.  This will not be visible to the customer when viewing their own profile.

userprofilerequestlist.png

As you can see, it is a fully operational request list similar to the main request list with filters, exports, and column configuration.

This is being prepared for the next Service Manager update and should be available in the live environment over the next couple of weeks.

Regards,

James

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

A continuation related to the requirement around improved visibility of customer requests, we have also updated the request section on an organisation record to a more functional request list with filters, column selectors, and exports.  This will be available in the next update of Service Manager.

image.png