Splitting Date/Time Field

gwynne

Would it be possible to provide a screen shot of a particular form or area where your example might apply?  There are different areas that have been supplied with either date or time or a combination of both depending on how the date and time are being used.  

Many thanks,

James

One main area we would use the time field is during our change capture, we ask technicians to add duration of the change so we can gauge business impact especially in emergency changes. So it terms of forms I would like to be able to use a time format as a custom question to allow this. 

I know this could be written in a text field however to provide consistency when capturing this info a time field would be preferable 

To be honest either would work in our scenario as a time range would indicate length and give specific time when the change is taking place from and to however the ability to estimate hours/mins in a capture would work when dedicated time frames are currently not available

Actually scrap the range factor can see where i can use the Scheduling feature   the time value is mainly for things like the estimated duration time. I understand you have a from and to date/time to scheduled but from an approval point of view it would be good to see the estimated time range in a time value.