Portal - My Requests detached from Service

gwynne

Is there any way we can implement a customers tickets view regardless of what service they can see on the portal

Scenario - I want to create a custom service for portal users however all other services non visible on the portal but I still want them to be track tickets and update tickets if they are a member of irrespective of what service they can see..

Gwynne

We have a change we are detailing at the moment which will provide customers with an option to view all of their requests from a single view on the portal. 

This change has been accepted and will make it's way through our development queue / cycle and we will update once it is available.

Thanks

Steve

Thanks for your post.  I'm interested to understand more about your requirement.  As Steve mentions, we are soon to start work on providing a single list of all requests that belong to a customer on the portal.

The original requirement for providing the option to hide a service on the portal was to allow for an internal service to be provisioned where one still wants to allocate customers to the requests but they don't want the customers to see or interact with the requests.  In your scenario can you confirm that you would like the requests belonging to a hidden service to be visible in the full list of requests for the customer?

7 hours ago, gwynne said:

I still want them to be track tickets and update tickets if they are a member

I also wanted to confirm if you are referring to the Member feature of a request or if you are actually referring to the customer associated to the request. 

Many thanks,

James

Hi James,

Yes to this ' In your scenario can you confirm that you would like the requests belonging to a hidden service to be visible in the full list of requests for the customer?'

I i think any ticket assigned to either customer or member should be visible for them to track and update irrespective to what services they can use the portal to log against.  

Personal opinion is that the service you can log against is different from what they can review as some services have been built for agent . Some of our internal service that are used by agents have been work flowed out to benefit agents and would not be benificial for use in a capture process with non technical input however fundamentally a customer or member of the ticket should still be able to review progress of said ticket and input/update if needed via a portal

Thanks for your response.  Sorry for all the questions, but it does help to make sure that we fully understand how we can best provide features such as these.

With this scenario of exposing the requests from a hidden service, I'm interested to know what is it that you don't want the customer to do or see that would stop you from using a visible service? On a visible Service you can still prevent requests from being raised by the customer and simply have the ability for a customer to only view and update their own requests. So by exposing the requests of a hidden service, the only difference I can see is the hiding or showing of the service icon.

The Member feature is directed at other Service Manager users that have access to Service Manager and the interaction from members needs to be done within the main client.  The Service Portal is a gateway just for the customer that is directly allocated to the request.  

honestly for me its more about the viewing experience, directing people to one list for all tickets regardless of service is my main thing for the request. So if this was to be implemented I just wouldn't want to show services they cannot use functionally to log tickets against via the portal.

I suppose in essence I have an OCD about keeping neat and tidy and If I can have a central list of all tickets for view I would remove the need for additional services being displayed for no reason 

Hope this makes sense 

• 2 weeks later...

James

We too have some services which we do not want customers to be able to raise requests on via the portal themselves as they are specific to certain scenario's, but we would want them to be able to view them and update them once we have logged them. In our case the customer have a subscription to the service but the service is not set to be published on the portal.

Cheers

Martyn