Progressive Capture - Change Request Schedule

Note sure I am missing something or if it is not there, but there does not appear to be the option in the Progressive Capture process to capture and set the Change Request Schedule From and Until?

Is there any plans to add this in as a standard form in the progressive capture?

Cheers

Martyn

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Martyn,

Up to now we have added scheduling options as part of the BPM rather than the progressive capture.  In the BPM you can have both wait for schedule and also automatically set the schedule.

We started with the BPM side with the idea that one would authorise and plan a change prior to scheduling.  However, I understand that there are cases where someone would want to schedule during the raising of a request in progressive capture.   Out of interest, is there a particular case that you are trying to achieve with having the schedule captured at this stage?  For example is it to fulfil an "I would like it by this date" scenario or is it more about an engineer raising a change that they are going to facilitate and they just want to set a date there and then, and it doesn't require prior BMP actions such as an authorisation?

Regards,

James

James

We are using change requests for a number of different purposes and services hence our related request about catalog items for Change Request so different Progressive Captures can be used.

In the cases of where we wish to capture the schedule in the progressive capture, these relate to Internal Change Request being created as part of the investigation and resolution of incidents on our hosted system, where we need to raise requests to authorise actions such as restarting services, change config files. The idea is that the analyst sets the scheduled time they want to undertake the change, which is then either accepted or altered as part of the Change Request workflow

Cheers

Martyn

Thanks Martin for your response.  What you are looking for does sound similar to my ''engineer'' use case in my earlier comment. I can raise a change proposal to look into this.  For now your options may be to have a Custom Question in progressive capture for supplying a proposed date which after being authorized can be manually added to the schedule. Or setting the BPM workflow to enforce that the person raising the request sets the schedule once the request has been raised.

Regards,

James