Request List: Filters not filtering properly

samwoo

Hello,

I've noticed that I am missing or forgetting some calls that i have raised and had no idea why... now I do. The filters are not accurate and doesnt always show the information based on your filters.

For example, earlier today I raised a call to get someone assigned to a certain group policy. I'm the customer of this call. I have a filter that looks for all calls where i'm the customer and the call is not closed.

But I cannot see my call in the list at all. I've tried different variance of the filter, but to no effect. I believe this might have been happening for some time now as I have just found another call that does not appear in any of my filters. 

• See my filter, I am filtering the list to only show calls where I am the Customer and the call is not ClosedFilters1.png

• Have a look at the call (SR00014224) where I am the Customer and the call is Open
    Filters3.png

• Have a look at the Request List with my filter selected... the call (SR00014224) is not on the list
    Filters2.png

This hasn't happened to all the calls, only a few of them... but it makes me wonder if this has been happening to others without them realising.

Thanks,

Samuel.

SR00014224 is assigned to a team (Infrastructure) that you are not a member of. On the other hand, SR00009869 is assigned to "Project" team of which you are a member of. This why one is showing in the list/filter and the other does not.

Also the fact that you are the customer on the request does not grant visibility from an analyst perspective, if that makes sense :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Victor said:

SR00014224 is assigned to a team (Infrastructure) that you are not a member of. On the other hand, SR00009869 is assigned to "Project" team of which you are a member of. This why one is showing in the list/filter and the other does not.

Also the fact that you are the customer on the request does not grant visibility from an analyst perspective, if that makes sense :)

Hi Victor,

Brilliant thank you for the response. Thinking about it, the Self Service Portal is the place to keep track of any calls one raises (even if it was raised via the Service Manager) whereas the Service Manager is a place for an Analyst action on calls assigned to them/their team.

I thought there might have been a small bug, but in the simplest way you have described, it makes a whole lot of sense.

Thanks,

Samuel.

• Like 1

don't know if this relates but we had issues with  visibility accross multiple Teams if you are not part of it  , somehow this was possible in the old supportworks , we   use the BPM provess to add our supervisiors as Members to the request to overcome this .  

maybe somebody has got a better idea ?

Thanks

Ralf

Hi Ralph

You are correct that being able to see other teams requests is possible in Supportworks, and it involves heavy filtering (customisation) or a change in system rights to limit an analysts view to change that in Supportworks. With Service Manager we have taken a different approach in that each analyst will only see what they are allowed to see based on their rights. This means that there is no need for long consultancy projects to bring other teams or departments into Service Manager at the same time as the existing team or department, and keep information pertinent to that new department completely partitioned from the old department. Facilities and HR can co-exist on the same Service Manager instance as IT for example, whilst keeping request information separate automatically based on the rights of each team/department.

We have added various ways to still enable analysts visibility of requests as appropriate. As you mentioned the BPM can add those with visibility requirements to each request as members, or each analyst can be added to the relevant team which will give those users visibility in the My Requests drop down of the request list. They can also be added as a user that can support that service in the service configuration. Another method to gain visibility is to add the required requests to a visual board via a BPM, or even set up the BPM to push out notifications to a particular workspace so that key points/stages of a request would be shown in a central area for all members of that workspace to see.

So in summary this is by design, but there are many ways to meet your requirement and provide visibility to the key members of your organisation. The way you mentioned in your post is certainly a popular method (adding members via the BPM), but there are few others mentioned here that may potentially work better for you. Feel free to give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Conor

• Like 2