Portal Header cutting off text

Dan Munns

Hi,

I have added our company logo to the portal but the size of the header is interfering with the title text on the page. Even if I set the logo size to 22px the header still cuts the text. The current logo size is 50px and the title text look like so:

This is the best I can get it after a bit of messing around with the logo size and amount of blank space under the logo.

Also, is there a way to change the Hornbill logo to our own in the service desk view?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

Hi Dan,

I wanted to check if you had seen this information taken from the Hornbill Wiki about setting the logo size.  

The Company Logo dimensions can be adjusted to provide the best fit for the image that is provided. As a guide, the default Hornbill logo is 300 pixels in width and 30 pixels in height. If the height needs to be increased, this can be performed using an application setting found in the Administration portal under System -> Manage Portals -> Advanced Settings and then search on logo.

• For the Service Portal the setting is: guest.anonymous.servicePortal.core.style.image.logo.height
  • For the Customer Portal the setting is: guest.anonymous.portal.core.style.image.logo.height

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

James

Hi Dan,

Its not possible to change the Hornbill logo in the user or admin app, this can only be changed in the customer facing service portal.  There is a backlog item to allow customers to add their logo so it can be shown "next to" the Hornbill logo but this has not yet been implemented as there has been no real demand for it. 

Gerry

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have read the Wiki page regarding the logo sizing and this doesn't help. It is only an issue in IE and no matter what view I use (compatibility or emulation) there is no change.

When I view the page in Firefox or Chrome there is no issue. Unfortunately my organisation use IE and that isn't going to change.

I know that it is just a small issue but it looks horrible and we would like to resolve it ASAP if possible.

Thanks

Dan

Dan,

As Steve suggests, a boarder on the image would fix it as a temporary measure. I have asked our dev team to take a look to see if we can fix it though. 

Thanks for the suggestion Steve.

Gerry

Hi Dan, thanks for the screenshot, made it much easier to identify the issue. I've added a fix for this which will be in our next release.