Searching for Calls

Kelvin

I have come across a little bug/security feature

I was searching for a call today and successfully managed to find it through the top search bar however the results underneath were in black text and I was unable to look at the call.

After looking at the DB I worked out the call was closed by an agent who is in a team that I am not a member of. I was able to view the call by adding myself into that team.

Can you confirm if this is intended.

Hi Kelvin,

Was the request actually assigned to the team that you were not a member of (i.e. if you checked the database again, does the h_fk_team_name show the team that you were not part of)?

If so, than this would be expected - if this request is associated to a Service that none of your teams support, then the visibility is restricted.

Kind Regards

Bob

Yes this was assigned to a team I wouldn't normally view but from a helpdesk point of view when the customer phones for an update we would need to be able to see the call.

Hi Kelvin,

In that case, you would need to ensure that the Helpdesk team is added to the "Supporting Teams" section of that particular Service. This means that the restrictions would not be in place, as they would have the visibility of requests raised against that service, but without having to be a member of every other team. 

Screenshot_9.png