Database Direct Saved SQL - Open not Run

Martyn Houghton

At the moment we have a number of saved sql queries in Database Direct which is very useful for running common queries, however one issue at the moment is that in order to view the sql you have to run it, as it runs as soon as you select it. 

This is fine when only doing selects, but as we have a number of SQL update queries we run in relation to imported data, it would be good to have the option to open or edit the saved SQL without having to run it.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

I have added this ability as well as the following:

SQL Syntax Highlighting
SQL Table + Column Auto Complete
Execute only selected query (This allows you to save multiple queries in one and execute them only when selecting)

They will be available in the next release of the Admin Tool, i will post up when that goes live.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Trevor

I am attempting to run a number of lines of SQL in one operation, they are update sql commands, which work if I select each one individually but if I select more than one, it fails advising a syntax error.

I have tried inserting a semicolon at the end of each statement but to no avail.

Does the new function support another deliminter to allow you to run multiple sql commands in the selection?

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn

The underlying API only supports single SQL Statements so selecting multiple lines will not work in the same way trying to execute a saved query with multiple statements will throw a syntax Error.

The feature was designed only to allow you to select one statement at a time.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

• 5 weeks later...