Default Shared Mailbox

Martyn Houghton

At the moment when operating with multiple shared mailboxs, i.e. we have analyst working in multiple teams, supporting different desks, it is not possible to specify a default mailbox to be used when responding by email from a request.

It would be really useful to specify a default shared mailbox against each service which is then picked up when the email option is used in the service. If then at least a default mailbox per analyst.

Cheers

Martyn

James

Thanks for the update. I would think most implementations would have a default per service. If this could then also be picked up in the Email BPM nodes so it is the service's mailbox which is used when the mailbox option in the node is set to automatic.

Cheers

Martyn

• 8 months later...

@James Ainsworth

We are now moving to 5 different shared mailboxes for the different 'Service Desk' we a bringing into our instances. Given that it is very easy to get confused and forget to switch mailbox when sending updates from the multiple requests you may be dealing with, it would be really useful to have the ability to set a default mailbox per service.

It would certainly save a lot of confusion when do send someone a update from the wrong one, something I just did now, hence me locating this post. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Martyn