Placeholders do not display for Drop down lists

Hi Martyn,

Placeholders are mainly for text inputs (multi-line and single-line). I think the UI in the administration should be amended to display this option only for these two fields.

I'll speak to the appropriate team about this and will let you know.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Daniel

I think there could be some improvements in how help/prompt text can be used in the progressive capture, with the ability to populate a info button like the description on the services selection list. It would also be useful to be able to embedded URL links in them to open up a separate window with additional information. We do this the Support Works selfservice to provide guidance on the impact and urgency fields.

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn,

with Service Descriptions, Wiki Markup is supported already, so you can include links, images, and some basic text formatting.

For links, you just need to format your text in the following way:

[[https://www.example.com|Some helpful text]]

or one of the two following ways if you want to expose the link:

https://www.example.com

[[https://www.example.com]]

Hope that helps :)

Yes Martyn,

This is more or less what we had in mind. Probably change the name from "placeholder" to something like "Help Text" and show it in a tooltip in from a question mark. We could support WiKi markup so that you can add a URL and that will open in a new window.
Regarding the description for the services, although is used in Progressive Capture, that is out of this configuration. It can be configured in the Service Manager and it does accept WiKi markup, it displays in an information icon next to the service name in the Progressive Capture.

Thanks,

Daniel

Daniel

I think changing to help text shown as a tool tip supporting the WiKi mark up formatting would certainly make it more useful for both internal and portal users of the progressive capture.

One addition you may want to consider is having different help text for internal and portal use. When logging the request internally via the live app it displays the internal help text, giving the analyst more guidance etc and if logged through on of the portals a different help text is displayed aimed at the end user.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

I can see that there would be some benefit in providing different help text to a support person than an end user when using custom forms in a Request Catalog Item progressive capture flow that is used by both the support person and the user.  Maybe providing slightly more '"technical" help.

The concept behind the Request Catalog Items is that the support staff can raise something on behalf of a user if the user was to phone in rather than raise something on self service, following the exact steps that a user would experience. Possibly even prompting the questions to the user over the phone.  The end result being exactly the same, independent of whether if it was raised via the portals or on behalf of a user by a support person.  With this in mind, I would be interested to get some examples of the differences in help text that you would want to provide.