No more email

I am considering making a decision and removing the ability for calls to be logged via email and more towards Self-Service.  However there would still be a need for some email integration within Service Manager.  No-reply updates for example.

Are there any plans for Service Manager to have the ability to automatically raise a request from an email?  Plus enabling the ability for an email to be automatically updated to the call timeline if it has a call reference in the subject or body of an email?

Thanks

Adam

Might be worth having a look at the current Email Routing Rules capability which is in essence the Auto Responder configuration, in the wiki https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Email_Routing_Rules. We not used it yet in anger ourselves, but I believe it is being used by a number of other customers to automate email processing.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Adam,

thanks for your post. Service Manager already contains Auto-routing functionality which allows requests to be automatically updated and logged from email. This can be found in Hornbill Administration > Home > System > Email > Routing Rules.

As Martyn kindly points out, information can be found on the following wiki page https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Email_Routing_Rules but a simple Update rule (assuming the standard request reference is being used) would look like the one in the image below. Of course you may like to add additional criteria in the Rule expression. 

In my mind there is scope for improvement in terms of the call logging operations but whether this effects your implementation will depend on your auto-routing Goals.

Hope that helps,

Dan

Auto Routing Update Rule.PNG

I managed to get this working although I agree there is room improvement.  For Example, the entire email including body text, signature and disclaimer is bunched together without any formatting.  Great to know it works and will be an interesting piece of functionality to re-visit as improvements come in.

• 2 months later...

I was just looking into this again as I do have a requirement where emails are coming in with the same Subject which is perfect.  However where is falls down is I cannot configure the below so really its quicker to just log manually from the Inbox.  It would be great to have these options on the routing form to select for each single routing configuration.

• Request Type
  • Team/Owner
  • Service
  • Priority
  • Category
  • Business Process

Cheers

Adam

• 2 months later...