Analyst details not available on the customer portal

nasimg

Customer are not able to see my telephone number on the Customer portal when they hover on my posts (head icon), but this does work on the Analysts portal.

Can we have a setting that allows this for both environments?

We had not originally considered this as from previous feedback Service Desks did not want customers bypassing the defined entry point to the service desk by contacting a support person directly.  It can also become problematic when that Support person is on holiday or off on sick leave and the customer is trying to phone that individual.  The  other consideration would be that in multi-team environments some teams may want to publish their phone numbers and others may not.  So the decision to publish phone numbers would have to considered across all teams if it was a single on/off setting.

I would be interested to hear from other customers about their thoughts on publicizing more information about the individual support staff in the portals.  There may be an immediate difference of opinion depending on if one is supporting internal users within their organization or external customers. Possibly hiding individual contact details is an old way of thinking and we need to allow these channels to be opened up.

James

For me, as everything, I can see the argument for having this as an option, but I would agree it would need to be on a per-team setting, not global, for the reasons you describe.

Personally I would not want to publish individual contact details, otherwise you might as well dispense with the Service Desk altogether and go back to customers having "pet" technicians (an exaggeration, perhaps, but still rife in our organisation) but I have no doubt that there are different structures where this would be essential.

On the other hand, once we complete our Skype migration we won't have numbers, just names, so the point will be moot.

But I think it would help for the customer to know who is dealing with there ticket. Else the helpdesk analyst is a nameless entity. Especially for escalation (eg. Bob hasn't responded to my request to fix the issue)

Happy to have it as an on/off function (or team level). Just take a look at Facebook, Linkedin, etc - the way they display the posts is what I'm after (Head picture, with the name next to it). Just have a look in this forum page....