Choosing connections in the Progressive Capture

samwoo

Hello,

I would like to request an additional form to allow users on the Self Service Portal as well as Service Desk users to be able to add connections via the progressive capture. This would make it easier to send emails after a call is logged based on who is in the connections list and/or what type of connection it is from within the BPM area.

Thanks,

Samuel.

Hi Samuel 

Thanks for the post. 

We are continuing to evolve the use of the Connections functionality.  We started with the ability to add them, and define the relationships, then added BPM operations to automatically add them, remove them and email them from any business process. We also utilise them from behind the Me Too feature of Known Issues on the Self Service Portals, so they are a big piece of our plans going forward.  The next step is to add the ability to manually add them as part of the progressive capture process from Self Service or as an analyst.  The development story for this exists and is in our technical review column queue, once progressed into development and a release we will update here. 

Thanks 

Steve

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

@Steven Boardman

Just wondering if there is any progress on the ability to add Connections as part of the progressive capture process for the portals?

I have tried the standard form - Connections in our progressive capture but it does not seem to prompt either on the customer or service portals, with it only working for requests logged via the Live User App.

Cheers

Martyn

18 minutes ago, Martyn Houghton said:

@Steven Boardman

Just wondering if there is any progress on the ability to add Connections as part of the progressive capture process for the portals?

I have tried the standard form - Connections in our progressive capture but it does not seem to prompt either on the customer or service portals, with it only working for requests logged via the Live User App.

Cheers

Martyn

I was wondering this too.

Samuel

• Like 1

@samwoo @Martyn Houghton the first iteration of the Connections progressive Capture forms has been limited to the user app and not the service / customer portals, so as you say this form will not show on the portals (currently).

The initial implementation allows for the user (analyst) to pick / specify the connection type, which for an analyst seems reasonable, however we are looking at other options to not require the customer on the portals to have to distinguish or know which connection type they should add a user as, and instead leave that as a choice for the progressive capture designer at design stage. 

There is also the wider question of visibility of requests on the portals which you are a connection too, but that would be a little further along as well. 

I'll post back here once the Connections on the portals is resolved.

Steve

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

@James Gallally no movement on this in progressive capture i am afraid. 

You can add internal users as connections via progressive capture. 

1. Use a custom form, use a dynamic field picker like drop down, and then choose data providers and either an all user picker, basic users only or co-workers

image.png

2. In your business process engine, you can use the following:

2.1 - Use a Requests > Get Request Information > Progressive Capture Answer

2.2 - Use a Connections > Add Connections node

2.2.1 Set their Connection Type

2.2.2 Use the co-worker from variable field, and the variable picker, and find your progressive capture questions and inject the RAW value (which will be the userid - not their display name)

image.png

There isn't an option for external contact's as we stand i'm afraid. 

The only option i can put forward here, if the external users are from a known list, is to create a simple list in the admin tool - external contacts or something like that, setting their contact id's as the value and names as the display value

image.png

Then in the progressive capture, you could use a dynamic drop down field type, select simple list and the name of your list. 

Then follow the steps in the BPM as explained above for internal user, but instead of using the co-worker(from variable), use the Contact (from variable) and inject the RAW value from the progressive capture answer. 

You can only add one user per question, but you can have multiple questions in each progressive capture and you can use multiple add connection nodes in your bpm if needed. 

Hope this helps 

Steve

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

at the moment we do it like this, the intelligent capture asks are they logging for themselves or someone else and then if someone else we use the dynamic dropdown data query of users, 

The get customer details is to get the log on ID of the existing customer (the user who requested) we then update the customer to the actual customer provided from the intelligent capture using the raw value and then add the requester as the connection which is returned from the get customer details node, This works fantastic for the requests where it is only one person it is logged on behalf of, But if the 'connections' form was on the portal side it would allow users to make requests that affect many more users, such as a whole team needing permission changes so on so forth. 

image.png.7ac986086a69b651c8fc48ff2061a001.png

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi George,

There's no movement that I'm aware of.  You should be able to look at the Service Manager road map to see if something is coming near to development.  This can be accessed through the Hornbill Solution Center on your Hornbill.

image.png

I agree that this feature would be useful to other customers.  However, we do have hundreds of change proposals that we manage and review, with each one offering benefits to customers.  We are fortunate to have a quick release cycle that allows us to deliver many of these proposals without having to wait for long periods of time between updates.

14 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

You should be able to look at the Service Manager road map to see if something is coming near to development.  This can be accessed through the Hornbill Solution Center on your Hornbill.

Would be good if we could subscribe to the relevant roadmaps to send a daily email notification on any changes if there were any made within the last 24 hours (if any). This would allow us to keep up to date with the Hornbill development. I definitely don't just go and regularly check the road map, so would be nice to have some sort of notification...

An example a similar solution is Trello, you can subscribe to be notified of changes made to a board/lane.