Telephony Integration - Skype for Business

Just a quick post to see if anyone is using Telephony/CTI integration with Service Manager/Collaboration?

Initially we are looking at doing integration to Skype for Business for just the simply initiating the calls to the customer contact (i.e. outgoing) but in the future may be looking to extend this to include incoming calls passing in the caller id to aid in the selection of the customer etc.

Wondered if anyone else is looking at this?

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 months later...

Using the Lync/Skype for business browser 'Click to Call' plugin you can get it to dial a contacts telephone numbers from the Contacts screen, however for some reason when the same number is displayed in the customer section of the request screen the plug in does not recognise the same number as a telephone number so you do not get the option. I suspect the issue is the plug in looking for some specific formatting or even the word Telephone in order to be activated.

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 month later...

Hi Martyn,

These things generally work with tel: hyperlinks and work with most softphones.

I can confirm that (in our up to date instance) the Contacts page uses a tel: hyperlink and the Requests page does not. You can see this by mousing over the phone number on the Contacts page and checking the link in the bottom left of your screen.
for example: QeDRvO4.png

This might be something for the devs to take a look at..

Alex