How can I hide services from Analysts ?

Ralf Peters

We are using "services" to display the Service status for areas like    Exchange, Citrix ....  on our  service.hornbill..... portal --  basically using the traffic light system  to give Users an idea if systems are impacted .

I just created the service, didn't create any catalog item and this seems to work fine on the service.hornbill....  portal, users can see the service status display but cannot log any tickets against it.

If an Analyst is logging a ticket through the live.hornbill.... portal, when it comes to the part where they select the service, it shows all these services and allows them to log the ticket against them.

My question: how can I hide these services from the Analyst so they are not able to log any call against them?

I tried setting the "supporting Teams" section to a group that is out of their scope but that didn't make a difference.

Any ideas welcome

Thanks

Hi Ralf,

We have a planned change that is not too far away that should solve this for you.  The list of services provided in progressive capture should have the options to hide or show based on both what the customer is subscribed to and what the person raising the request supports.  We will keep you posted as we progress this change.

James

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi @Ralf Petersand @nasimg

The functionality to only show the services that the support person supports was made available in Service Manager Build 823 on August 31st 2016.  There is an application setting that accompanies this which is called servicemanager.progressiveCapture.servicedetails.enableSupportVisibility. The default for this setting is Off.  To enable this, in Administration go to Hornbill Service Manager > Settings and enter SupportVisibility  in the filter to locate the setting and enable.

Regards,

James

• Like 1