Changing Scheduled date

gwynne

Hello the scenario we currently have in our change workflow, the change is approved based on the questions answered in our custom forms in our progressive capture which includes a proposed date/time field,  and then the ticket owner sets the scheduled date which is the point when it hits the change calendar.

The issue we have is if that scheduled time is then changed for what ever reason the people who approved it have no awareness of this unless they visit each ticket and read the timeline, this is not ideal as even if we changed the workflow the change of scheduling time should in theory be agreed by change approvers and should not be just the will of the ticket owner.

The ways I originally thought of resolving this are as followed.

Email notification of scheduled time change to approvers and all members of the ticket.

Scheduled change editors becomes a group and only a set number of people can make the change to this field,  the ticket owner only has read/write permissions and a group for editing is created.

Let me know thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Any thoughts on this?

More I think about it the changing of details after an approval makes the change process slightly void. If someone has the ability to change any part of a change ticket  without approvers knowing then following a proper change process this change has not been accepted and should not continue. I understand there is an essence of trust in this but I feel the change process should be more ridged in this matter.

Regards

Gareth

Hi Gareth,

I can see that controlling who can change the scheduled dates is a valid and useful requirement.  We are looking at options for hiding some of the different Action Items such as the Schedule Action as part of your process.  So once it reaches a certain stage you would be able to hide the option to schedule.  However, this may not help where there is a valid requirement to change the schedule.  Would having this option help?

James

Honestly for us it wouldn't help with our process, I think people still need to have the flexibility to change the date but with approvals of these changes.

Understand no functionality exists but would appreciate the consideration

Regards

Gareth