Line breaks when updating Call Details

samwoo

Hello,

I would like have an Automated Task to automatically add of information to the Call Details - Description area using Flowcode from a custom form, but no matter how I do it, the formatting can be quite hard to read. Is it currently at all possible to add line breaks and indentation in?

The following users &[global["flowcode"]["answer1"]]  requires access to Application Name for the following modules: &[global["flowcode"]["answer2"]]

But would preferably like to view it like so:

The following users:
        &[global["flowcode"]["answer1"]]

Require access to Application Name for the following Modules:
        &[global["flowcode"]["answer2"]]

["answer1"] and ["answer2"] could be very long depending on the inputted text.

Its a shame that the description field in the Automated Task is only a single liner with no formatting possible, even though its multi-line and can be formatted from within a call.

Thanks,

Samuel

• 1 month later...

Hi Samuel,

There is a multil-ine text input option for flow codes (Automated Tasks) available as an input type. I will ask the the SM team to update their flowcodes so those fields that can accept multi-line input are updated to reflect this. Once done you should be able to edit the fields in a popup textarea. You can also inject context variables into it using "ctrl + left click" to popup a menu of context variables.

Cheers

Capture.PNG

5 hours ago, NeilWJ said:

There is a multil-ine text input option for flow codes (Automated Tasks) available as an input type. I will ask the the SM team to update their flowcodes so those fields that can accept multi-line input are updated to reflect this. Once done you should be able to edit the fields in a popup textarea. You can also inject context variables into it using "ctrl + left click" to popup a menu of context variables.

Hi Neil,

Wow fantastic this is a great improvement to the Automated Tasks. So I guess that whenever there is an automated task that can add text anywhere, it will be able to use the Multi-Line editor (except where the text field is only a single line)? I will look forward to when it becomes available.

Many thanks,

Samuel