Delete Group / Organizations

samwoo

Hello,

We have an IMT group which contains no users, but whenever we try to delete it we get the following message:

GroupDeleteError.png

Can someone assist?

Thanks,

Samuel

Samuel,

Is it possible there are one or more archived users assigned to this group?  or have you been importing/deleting/cleaning data and lost some referential integrity.  You can figure this out by using direct SQL to have a look at the alleged user accounts that are assigned to the group you are trying to delete using Direct SQL

SELECT * FROM h_sys_account_groups WHERE h_group_id = '/YOUR/GROUP/ID'

should show you the accounts that are associated with the group you are trying to delete. 
Gerry

Hi Gerry,

Thank you for the assist, it turned out there was one person who was archived before removing the group (someone probably attempted the same thing i did before giving up). I un-archived her, removed the group then archived her again.

I wonder if there should be a section on the forums or Wiki for useful SQL scripts such as this one, that others can also share or help with. I will create a mini depot on my end containing any useful scripts for Hornbill.

Many thanks,

Samuel.

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the feedback.  Given the problem you have identified, this is actually a defect in the way we handle deleting users that are archived, our service should not have a problem with archived users and should handle this properly. The only explanation for this is we do not have an automated test case in place for this scenario which is our bad I am afraid.  I have asked our core platform product team on the back of this post to add the required test cases to ensure we can see the problem(s), we will then fix them and you should see the fix(es) in production in 72 hours. 

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience. 

Gerry

Samuel,

Just to let you know this problem has now been resolved and will be in production within 72 hours.  Our fix is to silently remove links to the group(s) being deleted if those links exist to archived users.  

Gerry 

• Like 2

Brilliant Gerry,

This certainly makes a lot of sense to implement. I'll keep an eye out for it.

Thanks,

Samuel