Schedule Calls to log automatically?

ljbrown

Hi

I'm looking to setup scheduled calls for weekly backup tape changes.

I've enabled the experimental feature.  The scheduler only has option for run once, daily or monthly.

I need weekly.  Is there a reason this isnt an option?  Is there a different way to schedule weekly calls?  If not can weekyl be added please?

Thanks

J

Hi @clampj

When you set up the scheduler if you choose days and then only highlight the day of the week you want this to run - say a Friday and set the expire count to -1 then this will execute every Friday (weekly) indefinitely - you can also set the next event date to the first day you want this to run

image.png

Hope that helps

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello @Steven Boardman

Is there any news on whether/when scheduling tickets (as opposed to 'just' tasks) will be available in Service Manager please?

I realise this can be done using Windows Scheduler and the API's but I was wondering if a 'native' option in Hornbill had been considered any more?

thanks

• 3 years later...

Hi @Alisha no update on this i'm afraid. Use of the APIs as cited in the above discussions is still available, as is a scheduling feature in the Hornbill ITOM module which could be used to schedule Runbooks which log requests, but this is an optional add-on module.  

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=IT_Operations_Management

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php?title=Job_Scheduling

• 1 year later...

This feature isn't working for me, I've scheduled a few test requests and whilst they show as having successfully run, no request is appearing in the team queue.

Are there any logs I can look at?

Edit:  I found the log

33280    2023-10-17 11:45:59    
Scheduled FlowCode call success: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<methodCallResult status="ok">
    <flowCodeDebugState>
        <executionId>00d7b155-d9d6-48ce-add4-c4acac555c76</executionId>
    </flowCodeDebugState>
</methodCallResult>
33279    2023-10-17 11:40:28    
    <flowCodeDebugState>
        <executionId>6fedf8a9-1d63-4929-849f-17e7ecfb94c6</executionId>
    </flowCodeDebugState>
</methodCallResult>
33278    2023-10-17 11:30:35    
    <flowCodeDebugState>
        <executionId>c30fc244-e852-4445-82fb-faf614870128</executionId>
    </flowCodeDebugState>
</methodCallResult>

Showing OK but still no requests.

2 hours ago, Will J Douglas said:

Apologies, I confirmed the test I did with the owner configured did work, but requests with team specified but no owner do not work.

Have you established whether the Request is not raised, or is it simply that you are not seeing it?

My tests this morning with creating a Scheduled Request assigned to a Team but not an Owner have been successful.image.png

Unfortunately, the new scheduler ignores the BPM Workflow setting against the selected Catalog Item.

If the Service does not have a default workflow set for the request type selected, then a request is raised but not associated with a workflow.

If the scheduler is not respecting the catalog item configuration, this feature is non-starter for us and we'll have to keep our custom scheduling code.

Screenshot2023-10-18at09_54_09.thumb.png.e0553b76707fe3ce4c3f172e6aac3b22.png

29 minutes ago, Gareth Cantrell said:

If the scheduler is not respecting the catalog item configuration

+1 - we have some services with hidden catalog items so this would be useful

15 minutes ago, Smurfy said:

I would like to assign a category too so its fully automated.

+1 - This is important to us as well

Here are some other suggestions:

1. Define a customer (user or contact) - useful for a Distribution List or Mailbox Contact/User account for example
  2. Define Related Services
  3. Ability to assign to a Board upon the ticket being logged

The current functionality has been aligned with that of the Email Routing Rule Templates.

That is not to say that additional options will not be available on both over time, however unless specific changes are announced we would expect the Workflow to be utilised to update additional values.

@Steve Giller Routing rules respect the BPM configuration of the catalog item selected.

As an example, we have a "Starter/Leaver" service and 3 catalog items for Starters, Leavers and Transfers, each with a separate workflow. The Service Request on the service does not have a default workflow set.

We use email notifications from our HR system to trigger these requests via the routing rules and the work as expected.

This means that the new scheduler is not working in alignment with the routing rule templates functionality, as the scheduler does not respect the BPM Workflow configuration on the catalog item.