Being notified via email of a call that is off-hold

samwoo

Hello there,

I have been asked by some people in the team to investigate whether or not its possible to have email notifications when a call is place out of hold either automatically / manually against the person assigned to the call?

I have these currently set:
Notification Options.png

But it's not specific to certain things such as calls coming off hold. This is all the users wish to have really.

I propose expanding the user Profile 'Notification' area to allow users to turn on/off what they would like to be notified on (more specific than we have currently) and a check box for them to decide whether they wish to be notified via email. For new users, the above settings could be defaulted, it's up to them to change it as necessary.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel 

Thanks for your post.  

We have a development planned around the use of definable sub statuses, with configurable rules around if the use of each should pause / un pause the timers (Imagine - With Customer or With Supplier as examples).  

Other options include rules for changing status on receipt of an update, what can be done whilst on hold and notification options, on status changes. 

This may well be a shorter term win than the suggested extension of the individual notification options for specific Service Manager actions to the users Notification area on their profile, whilst this is on our agenda it is not in the immediate short term plans. 

I hope this helps, and of course we will update as the sub-status development is available.

Thanks

Steve

• 7 months later...
On 01/06/2016 at 0:00 PM, samwoo said:

Hello there,

I have been asked by some people in the team to investigate whether or not its possible to have email notifications when a call is place out of hold either automatically / manually against the person assigned to the call?

I have these currently set:
Notification Options.png

But it's not specific to certain things such as calls coming off hold. This is all the users wish to have really.

I propose expanding the user Profile 'Notification' area to allow users to turn on/off what they would like to be notified on (more specific than we have currently) and a check box for them to decide whether they wish to be notified via email. For new users, the above settings could be defaulted, it's up to them to change it as necessary.

Thanks,

Samuel

Good morning, 

Do you have any further updates on the below, my business are wanting to palce requests on hold, but be notified by email when the hold has ended.

@Awalker

If you use the BPM workflow activities, you can use the 'Wait for Request Off Hold' to pause the BPM whilst the request is on hold. When it is taken off hold manually or by the hold time expiring, the workflow will resume and your next workflow action could be to send an email. At the moment it is not possible to determine if it was taken off hold manually or by the expiry process though.

Cheers

Martyn

• 3 months later...

Hullo, My users are asking about this too. They would like a notification email when the hold expires and the call comes 'off hold'.

The solution outlined above in the thread (dealing with it through the BPM) is not applicable to our circumstances.

Cheers,

Claire

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

@Claire Holtham @HGrigsby

There are some option available to you now with the sub-status functionality which was released last year, which is tied to your on-hold / off-hold option, this is not tied to the business process example above but instead you can define global rules or service specific rules on each request type to decide which sub statuses to use (say with support / awaiting customer update etc) which are active or place the requests on hold, if they should stay on-hold until an update is received, or of they should be on-hold for a defined period of time and then which sub-status to auto move to - along with notification options. 

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Global_Request_Sub-statuses

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_Sub-statuses

In these options you can both set notifications to the team / analyst when a sub-status has changed as well as set reminder notifications when placing a request into a sub-status until a defined period.

Hopefully it is all self explanatory in the above wiki pages but shout if there are questions on this?

Steve

image.png

• 7 months later...

Hi @Claire Holtham i hope you could achieve what you need with the below option.

image.png

If you have the Request going into an ON Hold primary Status and say a sub status of With Customer or With 3rd Party then once the request comes Off Hold, you could automate this to some other sub status say With Support which would then trigger whatever email template you specify in the system setting above (there is also if the request is sat with a team rather than an agent)

There are lots of options for you here. 

When setting sub-statuses either using the global options and or the service specific options you can set the following:

image.png

This caters for the if you want customer updates to trigger the request coming off hold (updates received via email or the portal), and what sub status to set this to when the request automatically comes off hold when set to a specific date and time in the future. 

image.png

* There are email templates also for when the customer does update your request, again via email and the portal.

image.png

Etc.

* When you are placing a request on-hold, you can tick the option to create a reminder activity, and as well as the reminder activity you can set a reminder for the activity itself - say 15 mins before (These notifications are Hornbill notifications instead of emails)

image.png

This is all covered in much more detail here on the wiki - https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Request_Sub-statuses

Hope this helps 

Steve

image.png

Hi @Claire Holtham the setting if enabled would be global so yes it would apply to changes in sub-status - bear in mind, if you are the analyst who puts it 'on-hold' and a sub-status, you won't receive an email about your own action, but you will when it is moved into an 'Off-Hold' sub status, which is what i hope you are after.

There is also the corresponding system settings for Team sub status change emails, which covers scenarios where there is no individual request owner, so all team members of the team which own the request would get the emails