Change Request Calendar

Tonyo

Hi,

Can anyone please advise how to tackle the queries below:

How do I clear contents of the change calendar we currently use & where ?

How do I create a new team calendar my team require something similar to the change calendar?

Is it possible to change colour of calendar when CR is completed? This is so they are easily picked up on the system.

Thanks,

Tony

Hi Tony,

Thanks for you post.  The items on the Change Calendar are added on a request by request basis and currently there is not an option to clear all these with a single action.  The schedule for each change must be removed by using the Scheduling action item on each change request.

Team views for the Change Calendar and colour options for completed changes are not yet available.   I will have these raised as changes for Service Manager.

Regards,

James

HI Tony,

As an alternative to using the Change Calendar for tracking changes for your teams, the Boards are a great way to view upcoming changes.  The Boards can also be driven by the BPM engine so that you can automate the movement of the changes through the Board Lists.

A recent feature added to boards now allows you to assign multiple teams and individuals to a board and allocate either edit or view only access.  

• Like 1

Thanks James, but what would actually be useful for us, is a situation where we can automate this process (adding changes to calendar) when logging the change request, because once we can add updating the calendar to our Change "Business Process", our task will almost be done.

Is this achievable?

Tony

Hi Tony, 

In the Service Manager 2.27.x update which is expected to be available next week, there is a new BPM automated task which will let you set the schedule of a change and have it automatically added to the change calendar.

Once available, give it a try let us know if this has helped..

Regards,

James

• 6 months later...

Hi James,

We've recently started using Hornbill and our Change Manager has asked if it's possible to change the colour of a Change based on status, i.e. Implement, post Implement, Closed.

Our Change process utilises Board however our Change Manager would appreciate this extra functionality.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hello,

Can you confirm if you are due to release a way in which the change calendar can be exported, as currently it is great to view if you log into the application, but I am keen to send these out to my wider business.