Kicking off Business Process

Hi all,

I think I am missing something really simple, but could I have some help on Business Process please.

I am putting a simple test together to do the following;

• Add a Priority of P4 to a Request
  • Change the Status to On Hold

I have created a new Workflow that has 2 automated tasks.  The first adding a Priority and the second changes the status to On Hold.  I have activated this Workflow and assigned to app.requests.defaultBPMProcess.change.  I have then tried to create a new Change, but the Workflow is not kicking in.

I understand what the Business Process can do, but I'm missing something here.

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Hi Lee,

From what you've said I can't see that you're doing anything wrong... 

Can you check one thing for me; the name of the business process in the setting may be different to the name of business process itself (all lower case and separated by dashes) 

Regards,

Alex

Screen Shot 2016-05-31 at 13.39.56.png

Hi Lee,

That's great news thanks. 

We should definitely look to improve this as it's not completely obvious whether to specify the process id or the process name (and what each of them are) here. I will raise this with our development team internally.

Regards,

Alex

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have created a Business Process and need some more help.

I have 3 stages;

Create a Change Request – this works fine J

Testing

Deployment

I have 2 challenges, the first is starting the Testing process.  At present, I am using an Automated Task when the Owner moves the Request to Resolved, but not happy with this.  I have looked at moving the Request on a Board, but this does not seem to work.

The second query is feedback from a Basic User.  I would like them to approve testing on the Request before moving to Deployment.  I have tried an Automated Task on when a Request is updated, but I cannot get this to work.

I hope this makes sense. 

Thanks in advance.

Lee