Customer Portal - restrict reopening of requests

In the Customer/Service Portal the portal account has the role of 'Service Manager Authorised Guest' but this role does not appear to have a 'permission' related to whether they are allowed to re-open resolved requests.

We are trying to restrict the ability of the customer via the portal to reopen a request once it has been set to resolved. This is due to to the fact this it is not possible to pick up in the BPM process when a resolved request goes from resolved to either open (i.e. re-opened) or closed.

Is there a way to disable the option in the portal to not allow the re-opening of the request, i.e. the customer only has the open to rate and close?

Cheers

Martyn

Guest Chaz

Hi Martyn,

Just wondering how you saw this working? Since you've posted we've thought of a few different ways we could approach this so would be good to get your thoughts.

1. Global application setting for both Service Manager and the portals
  2. Two application settings, one for Service Manager and one for the portals
  3. Set this functionality per service

Definitely possible for this to be worked in.

My initial thought were a fourth option, given that the reopen permission can currently be set as a permission for an Service Manager users, I would have thought it would be along the same lines for the Customer Portal, i.e. we would create a copy of the standard 'Service Manager Authorised Guest' role and remove/add the permission to re-open there.

Taking into account your three possibilities, it would make sense that it is added Service, the same way you can enable/disable requests being cancelled.

I suppose in an ideal world I would like both the above (have the cake and eat it :rolleyes:), this way you could control it via the service definition and/or the portal account. For example you may want to allow some service requests to be able to be re-opened but only via your internal customers on the Service Portal and not external customers on the Customer Portal.

In terms of having to priorities between the two, I would go with the setting the functionality at a service level ahead of the permission approach.

Cheers

Martyn

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Martyn,

We are looking at introducing an application setting that will allow this to be configurable.  To begin with this will be a simple on/off for this feature that would apply to the portal as a whole.  At a later date we can look to have more granular setting within the services.  Provided that there are no technical concerns, this is something that we should be able to progress.

Regards,

James