Decision Custom Expressions - wildcard/like operators

As far as I understand, the custom expressions for decision nodes have to use literal values when using a static value. It would be really useful to be able to use wildcard and the like operator to be able to branch based on a matching value, i.e. if the Service name beginning with 'HR' follow this branch, rather than having to enter each literal value of the Services that begin with HR.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi Martyn,

Have added 3 new operators to BPM and Progressive Capture custom expression editor for the decision nodes. The new options are "starts with", "ends with" and "contains".

So You can do:-

"something starts with ABC", "something ends with XYZ" and "something contains HIJ"

Note do not need to use % in the test value. I didn't want to just have a LIKE operator and then expect non sql minded users to understand the use of % in their test values.

This change is in beta and once the guys confirm its good to go i imagine it will be live by the end of the week. Look out for it in the release notes.

Cheers

Hello,

Adding this feature has been great in the BPM area, but it doesnt seem to work in the Progressive Capture area...

When you select choices in a check box on a Custom Form, they merge the results into a single string seperated by commas such as the following:

[✔] Option 1
[✔] Option 2
[ ] Option 3
[✔] Option 4
[ ] Option 5
[✔] Option 6

becomes

Option 1, Option 2, Option 4, Option 6

I then add a
Branch
node that links to different forms, for example...

Open
Form 1
if check box result
contains
the word
Option 1
then move to the next branch.
Otherwise
No Match
to the next branch.

then

Open
Form 2
if check box result
contains
the word
Option 2
Otherwise
No Match
to the next branch.

then

Open
Form 3
if check box result
contains
the word
Option 3
Otherwise
No Match
to the next branch.

And so forth. But when filling out the form as a test, no matter how many check boxes i tick, it goes through all the
No Match
results to the end of the form...

The Custom Expression boxes look like the following:

post-12454-0-18083500-1464175588.png

The operators are available in this area, so assumed it would have worked as expected.

Thanks,

Samuel.

(ps. It appears that the Formatting on my post is broken... i have used "Increased Indents" and "Decrease Indents" but the results come out as everything indented past the first indent i have used.)

Hi Samuel,

I assume you are testing against the option "value" and not the option "display name", just want to make sure? I have asked our pcf engine developer to clarify and i will get back to.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Samuel,

Apologies for the late update. We identified a similar issue and a fix is now live. In order to correct the expressions you will need to go into each expression where you are using "contains" and change  the operator to say "==" and then change it back to "contains" - this will force the expression to re-code itself correctly.

Let me know if you still have issues with it.

Cheers